[2009 5] Lynn
101. Ms. Simpson has committed herself _______
helping many immigrants adapt to their new
(A) that (B) of
(C) to (D) so
102. A production manager oversees the entire
production in a food processing plant, _______
the product is prepared safely, efficiently and
according to specifications.
(C) ensuring (D)to be ensured
103. There are an increasing number of complaints
that users on this website are no longer_______
to access their accounts.
(A) possible (B) capable
(C) probable (D)able
104. The Overseas division earned the largest
__________ last quarter.
(A) revenue (B) charge
(C) money (D) price
105. This three day seminar will be _______ a lecture
course, but will be broken up by several hands-on
demonstrations and exercises.
(A) primary (B) primacy
(C) primarily (D) primal
106. Local travel agencies have been busy _______
floods of applications filed by their UK
counterparts to organize tourist groups to visit
(A) to handle (B) handles
(C) handling (D) handle
107. Product _______ should have a bachelor's degree
in food science, since their work is often
combined with lab analysis.
(A) developments (B) developer
(C) developed (D) developers
108. Mr. Simpson didn’t ________ review the site even
though it has been over a year since his first visit.
(A) know (B) knowledge
(C) knowingly (D) knowledgeable
109. This web site server is not able to find the file
_______ you requested.
(A) then (B) what
(C) when (D) that
110. Bailey University is trying to recruit the best and
brightest from outside of the U.S. in order to
secure the top ________ in global education.
(A) order (B) schedule
(C) position (D) record
111. The environmental pollution was another problem
that _______ amid a situation in which useful
chemical substances were being manufactured
(A) engaged (B) emerged
(C) revealed (D) reacted
112. We at LTM provide a friendly and _______
working environment for our staff.
(A) please (B) pleasant
(C) pleasantly (D) pleased
113. Many notable economists predict that the
economic situation will improve ______.
(A) shortly (B) openly
(C) nearly (D) urgently
[2009 5] Lynn
114. ITT Corp. and Atlas have entered into a strategic
alliance to provide _______ energy-saving
(A) significantly (B) significance
(C) significant (D) signifying
115. According to survey data, 300 million of China's
rural residents drink water that falls _______
(A) less (B) below
(C) little (D) fewer
116. The following is a list of topics _______ plan to
discuss in the lecture on Wednesday.
(A) I (B) my
(C) me (D) mine
117. If you experience problems _______ visiting
www.example.com, you should send e-mail to
(A) during (B) while
(C) for (D) as
118. For those _______ native language is something
other than English, a special translator will be
(A) who (B) whom
(C) whose (D) that
119. Considering its _______ potential and
convenience, the new technology is expected to
bring huge changes to stores, factories and
(A) commerce (B) commercial
(C) commercially (D) commercializing
120. Special discounts for prepaid subscribers
_______ at the end of this month.
(A) will be expired (B) expire
(C) expires (D) expiring
121. Spanish mobile operator SPT is a company
_______ to expand globally.
(A) frequent (B) common
(C) large (D) eager
122. The government announced that it would
_______ foreign companies generous tax breaks.
(A) retrieve (B) grant
(C) donate (D) require
123. Ms. Blackwell is authorized to act _______ an
agent for company’s clients.
(A) on (B) as
(C)by (D) to
124. Jessica Simpson and Kate Lecher have been
_______ acquaintances over many years.
(A) full (B) strict
(C) close (D) exact
125. The pay increase rate is 50 percent of monthly
basic salary for all managerial level staff with
fifteen years of _______.
(A) serving (B) server
(C) serves (D) service
126. The amount of research funds received _______
the government and private industries amounted
to over US $100 million.
(A)by (B) at
(C)from (D) into
[2009 5] Lynn
127. All part time workers should be paid in respect of
the whole time ____ which they work on that day.
(A) at (B) during
(C) by (D) on
128. _______ often scientists warn about global
warming, the government says the economy can't
be sacrificed to address the issue.
(A) whenever (B) whatever
(C) however (D) wherever
129. Linda Kim has a camera phone but says digital
camera phones are better quality than _______.
(A) her (B) herself
(C) hers (D) she
130. _______ please find a cost estimate that you
requested in the e mail of March 21.
(A) attach (B) attachment
(C) attached (D) attaches
131. Mr. Owens _______ all the resumes of the
applicants who passed the group interview.
(A) reviews (B) has reviewed
(C) reviewing (D) have been reviewed
132. Customers are more likely to _______ stores
where they have loyal relationships with staff.
(A) objectify (B) simplify
(C) verbalize (D) patronize
133. Company research found that consumers_______
first and foremost on the print media to learn
(A) relying (B) rely
(C) were relied (D) relies
134. Illegal migrant workers who leave UK voluntarily
_______ a chance to re-enter the nation.
(A) will be offering (B) offers
(C) have offered (D) will be offered
135. Some medicines require a prescription, and
_______ are available over the counter.
(A) other (B) others
(C) the other (D) another
136. Such information may include credit card details,
billing address and _______ information that is
needed to complete your request.
(A) another (B) other such
(C) others (D) each other
137. The two home appliances companies agreed to
support _______ to establish a top position in the
(A) the other (B) another
(C) each other (D) some
138. If the remote controls or _____ other equipment
is not returned to CableMega by the expiration
date, customers have to pay the full replacement
value of the equipment to CableMega.
(A) any (B) each
(C) one (D) many
139. The management decided to offer ________
seminar next week.
(A) other (B) each other
(C) another (D)many
140. Access to the company’s confidential files is
forbidden to anyone _______ than those with
(A) other (B) another
(C) others (D)the other
[2009 5] Lynn
Questions 141-143 refer to the following letter.
To whom it may concern
I confirm that I have dealt with Newman Company Ltd
since 1998, during which time they _______ my
business with excellent support in the areas of website
engineering, site optimization, search engine analysis
(B) have provided
(C) will provide
(D) will have provided
site submission. Their work has been a major factor in
our website's _______, helping it to
become one of the most visited _______ of its kind on
I can confidently recommend Newman Company Ltd as
a solid and reliable supplier, and experts in their field.
Questions 144-146 refer to the following letter.
Dear Rebecca Simpson
Please accept this as formal notice of my resignation
from the position of vice president of Marketing
department, with effect from June1, 2009.
In _______ with my contract of employment I am happy
to continue to work until May 31
_______ I believe that I am moving for good reasons,
I am sorry to leave, and I thank you for your
support during my time with the company, which I
_______ enjoyable and fulfilling.
(A) will find
(C) have found
(D) was found
Please let me know the arrangements for handing back
equipment, company car, etc, and handing over
outstanding work and responsibilities.
[2009 5] Lynn
Questions 147-149 refer to the following
TO: All Personnel
DATE: May 2, 2009
FROM: Robert Kammel
Deputy Chief, Administration
SUBJECT: Past Due Annual Physicals – 2nd
If your name appears below, you are past due for your
Annual Physical. Please contact James Maloney, at 123-
4965 with Martin Memorial Health Systems Occupational
Health Office, now _______your appointment.
(B) have scheduled
(C) to schedule
Please _______ your appointment scheduled and your
physical completed prior to Friday, May 30, 2009.
If you have any questions or you are unable to
_______ an appointment for any reason,
please contact me via e-mail at email@example.com or
via Fire Rescue Administration at 772-288-5710.
Remember, Annual Physicals are mandatory and
you are paid for your time.
Questions 150-152 refer to the following e-mail.
Dear Shane Kim
One of the hardest things that a manager is required to
do at times, is asking an employee _______their
(C) to postpone
(D) will postpone
I know how much you were looking forward to a long
overdue vacation with your family and having to ask you
to postpone these plans is very difficult for me.
As you know, we are under a tight schedule to meet our
LTD project deadline, _______
unfortunately, cannot be delayed.
_______ your contribution I’m afraid we will not
succeed in meeting our deadline.
I am sorry to have to ask you to postpone a much
needed and well deserved vacation, but we really need
your help to get us through this critical time.
I thank you for your patience and understanding in this
matter and appreciate you coming through for the team.
Rest assured, your loyalty will not go unforgotten.