2009 년 1 월 NEW TOEIC 예상문제 Part 5 / 6
101. Our output has increased recently, due in
part to a rise in productivity ----- the purchase of
(A) as soon as
(D) in advance
102. Mr. Robinson rose from hotel bellboy to
shift manager in just two years because he was
so cordial and ----- to guests' needs.
103. We will ----- start carrying a product line of
maternity clothing aimed at young women who
want to remain fashionable and stylish during
104. Both of the floor tile patterns were
designed with great care, so please be ----- that
whichever you choose will bring years of
105. This letter should be ----- to Mr. O'Donnel
for his revision and approval.
106. ---- of receipt is required for this and all
other further correspondence.
107. Inventory control and receiving have
become much more ----- since we put both areas
under the control of a single department.
108. All guests are requested to be ----- dressed
for the reception ceremony.
109. The unusually bad weather makes it
impossible ----- resort guests to go para gliding
or scuba diving.
110. Because he had implemented orderly and
sensible systems, when the CEO took an
extended leave of absence, the company
flourished on its -----.
111. Though we do not offer gambling like
many other resorts do, our other amusements
and scenery continue to ----- many guests.
112. When touring the construction site, visitors
must wear a hard hat and ----- protective
(D) each other
113. ----- in the past four months have almost
diminished and are not expected to rise in the
114. The audience was ----- by the prominent
Dr. Taylor, whose research is highly admired.
115. In keeping with our brand image, names
----- relate to some athletic activity likely to
appeal to our target market of teenaged sports
116. Please enter log-in name and password
whenever ----- to do so.
(A) to ask
(C) were asked
117. Because of improving ---- conditions,
home ownership is expected to increase across
118. ----- it was more expensive than the
competitor's products on the market, Free
Nomad`s travel bag did not sell well this
(B) Even if
(D) As if
119. A new packaging system is now in place
and we should be capable of ----- goods several
hours faster than before.
(B) to ship
120. It is expected that with hard work and
dedication, all participants in a ----- of
negotiation-skills training courses will succeed.
121. The flight information ----- in this
reservation slip indicates that the flight is
tomorrow and not today.
122. Recreational facilities within walking
distance of the Burkstone Hotel ----- a
swimming beach and a park with sports fields
and picnic tables.
(B) are included
123. For customers shopping with children, a
local supermarket has a designated playing
room marked with a ----- visible sign.
124. The position of Morale Officer has
remained ----- since Mr. Jones retired two
125. ----- projections of this year's sales figures
have already been exceeded with a month still
126. At our annual board meeting, we decided
to release the funds necessary to redesign all
work areas to make the office more ----- for
127. The Halco Group hasn't yet come up with
----- improved version of the old model.
128. Getaway Travel can hold ----- for seats on
most airlines for up to 24 hours.
129. Conference organizers will make every
effort to satisfy participants' requests; however,
seating ----- will be made on a first-come, first-
130. Cancun, ----- for its beautiful, tranquilizing
beach, is a popular vacation sport for American
(A) is known
(B) was known
131. The Chief Financial Officer argued -----
that the company must abandon its ambitious
expansion plans for at least one more year.
132. Consumer behavior is one very ----- part of
business that determines longevity of a firm.
133. You should be able to assemble this
computer desk easily ----- following step-by-
134. They changed the campaign slogan when
surveys of voting women revealed a strong -----
for less aggressive language.
135. A friendly personality and a courteous
behavior ----- for the receptionist position.
(A) are requiring
(B) are required
(C) should require
(D) will require
136. Make sure that all of the signed letters have
been put into envelopes ----- being mailed out
by this afternoon.
(C) amid (D) for
137. I took a cab to the meeting at my own -----,
even though the company was already paying
for group transportation to the meeting site.
138. The fact that many workers have a long
and expensive ----- to work by either train or
automobile was given as a reason.
139. The recent bankruptcy of one of the -----
appliance companies has had a direct effect on
the nation's economy.
140. The recently released version of Eastward's
software for detecting computer viruses is far
----- to the last year's.
Questions 141-143 refer to the following letter.
Effective May 20, all shipments by Surety, Inc. to our exchange terminals ----- by overnight
141. (A) handled
(B) were handled
(C) have handled
(D) will be handled
express. This new procedure will continue through the end of August, ----- we will revert to
142. (A) at which time
(C) in time for
(D) depending on
our normal shipping guidelines. We, not our customers, will bear this additional cost as part of our
ongoing efforts to ensure customer -----.
143. (A) satisfaction
This express shipping procedure should allow us to process the backlog of orders generated by the
increased media exposure with regard to the Midland situation. If you have questions about arrival dates
on your orders, continue to deal directly with your normal contacts.
We want you to know we truly value you as a customer.
Questions 144-146 refer to the following announcement.
Dean’s Department Store ----- the community
144. (A) is serving
(B) had served
(C) will be serving
(D) has been serving
since 1902. We work hard to provide our customers with the latest fashions at the most -----
145. (A) reason