Phrasal verbs Excersie
Use a main verb from the first box and a
preposition from the second box to create the
1. The firefighters fought the blaze while the crowd
2. We all felt so tired after the first hour of walking but our guide told us we
if we wanted to make the inn by nightfall.
3. While the office computer system was being fixed, there was nothing to do
so we just
4. If you don't know what that word means Jenkins,
______ (it) in the
5. I can't understand what you are talking about with this design. Can we
6. I am
_______Julie to arrive with the stereo. Otherwise, we won't
have any music for the party!
7. Stop slouching in the chair like that
8. Many athletes use steroids to
9. I would like to
_______that there is a piece missing in this model.
Hadn't you seen it?
10. I don't like these types of rough games. I think I'll
one) if you don't mind.
1. We need to _________________ early tomorrow if we want to catch the first
bus into town.
2. And when we get into town, we can _________________ (straight) the first
bank we see.
3. She didn't manage to _________________ anyone from the line-up as she had
forgotten completely what the mugger looked like.
4. I will never _________________ to the expectations of my father. I can do
nothing right in his eyes!
5. Candles usually _________________after about four hours.
6. When you get to the bank, don't stop, _________________ for another
hundred metres and you will see the chemist's on your left.
7. If you want to lose weight Brian, you need to
most meat and all
that chocolate you eat in the evening.
8. The sniper _________________ the enemy troops one by one till they were all
9. In this snow and ice, it's so easy to _________________.
10. She wasn't interested in his money. She _________________his sense of
Complete the sentences.
passed away, do without, look forward to, called of, made up, carried away,
break out, run out, put up with, keep up.
1. Don't smoke in the forest. Fires ____________________ easily at this time
of the year.
2. I ____________________ seeing my friends again.
3. I'm afraid; we have ____________________ of apple juice. Will an orange
4. Your website has helped me a lot to____________________ the good work.
5. A friend of mine has ____________________ her wedding.
6. His mother can't ____________________ his terrible behavior anymore.
7. As an excuse for being late, she ____________________ a whole story.
8. Elen got ____________________ by his enthusiasm.
9. I just cannot ____________________ my notebook. I always keep it with
He was very sad because her father ____________________ last