None of the phones were left when we got to the
-> _______________________ the shop, all the phones had
2. I didn't know it was Carl until he took off his hat.
his hat did I recognise Carl.
3. Don't waste your time asking Bryan to come with us.
to come with us.
4. Perhaps John heard the story from Pippa.
5. Until they fire me as manager here, I'll run the
company my way.
the boss, I'll run the company my way.
6. The school's management are investigating allegations
of teacher brutality.
Allegations of teacher brutality
7. It's not possible that you saw Mary last night, she was
last night, she was with us!
8. The beach was fun even though it was too cold.
too cold, the beach was fun.
9. Many delegates stole pens from the conference room.
A lot of
the conference room by delegates.
10. Immediately after Bess arrived home, the phone rang.
home than the phone rang.
11. If his expensive divorce hadn't happened, Bill would
still be a rich man.
divorce, Bill would still be a rich man.
12. "You won't get lost along the country lanes if you
always have the map open."
He told them they wouldn't get lost
13. My brother has great ideas all the time.
My brother always
14. If that passing woman hadn't arrived, we would have
been completely lost.
, we would have got completely lost.
15. If I lose this job, nobody will let me forget it.
if I lose this job.
16. They'll have to cancel the show if the audience
A continued low audience for the show
17. A phone call was the first we heard about them
withdrawing from the concert.
The first we heard about
of the concert was a
18. We need to run or the train will leave before we get
Unless we run, the train
we get there.
19. "You really must stay for dessert," Kate's brother said
20. "A massage would do you a lot of good," Jake told
a massage," Jake told Amy.
21. Even if it's very far, they want to go to Paris for a
, they want to go to Paris for a weekend
22. The town's population surrendered as soon as the
No sooner had the enemy arrived
23. This building stands a very good chance of being
closed as unsafe by the council.
will be closed by council due to being
24. Another student stole Carol's watch from the
by another student from the classroom.
25. I'm just about to give up this diet because it's not
working at all.
this diet up because it's not working at all.
26. Please do those photocopies whenever you have the
Please do those photocopies if
27. If you really want to spend the whole night studying,
there's nothing I can do.
the whole night, there's nothing I can
28. The match will be postponed if it keeps raining.
postponement of the match.
29. "I can't stand what his assistant said about me," said
the assistant said about her.
30. "Ian took the money, not his brother Dylan," Susan
According to Susan,
took the money, not
31. The shop was closed for a week while they decorated
, the shop was closed for a week.
32. If Phil is having so many problems at school, maybe
some private tuition would help him.
Maybe Phil would
tuition if he's having so
many problems at school.
33. They'll blame the failure of the festival on the
The failure of the festival
34. When people speak down to my sister, she hates it.
My sister hates
to like that
35. I know it's dangerous, but I love hang gliding.
, I love hang gliding.
36. I'd prefer you not to stay out so late.
stay out so late.
37. I don't think it's important how fast we drive, we're
going to be late.
We're going to be late
38. We paid someone to fix the roof for us last summer.
Last summer, we
39. You should have spoken to Meg sooner.
to Meg sooner.
40. "You played your music too loud last night," Jan said
to Ben angrily.
his music too loud the previous night.