100 CÂU TRẮC NGHIỆM UNIT 1-2-3
TIẾNG ANH 11, 12
Compiled by Mrs Trang Anh
London is home to people of many _______ cultures.
John cannot make a _______ to get married to Mary or stay single until he can afford a house and a
My mother used to be a woman of great _______, but now she gets old and looks pale.
My father phoned me to say that he would come _______ home late.
5. At last they divorced after ten years of _______ marriage.
6. A curriculum that ignores ethnic tensions, racial antagonisms, cultural _____ and religious differences
is pot relevant.
7. Some researchers have just _______ a survey of young people's points of view on contractual
It is not easy to ____ our beauty when we get older and older.
9. Many young people have objected to _ marriage, which is decided by the parents of the bride and
10. All parents are _______ to at least try to behave in ways that will give their own children an important
11. It is thought that traditional marriage _______ are important basis of limiting divorce rates.
12. Affected by the Western cultures, Vietnamese young people's attitudes _______ love and marriage
have dramatically changed.
13. Sometimes she does not agree _______ her husband about child rearing but they soon find the
14. The young are _______ more concerned with physical attractiveness than elderly people.
15. It will take more or less a month to prepare for the wedding.
16: She got up late and rushed to the bus stop.
A. went slowly
B. went leisurely
C. went quickly
D. as much as
D. dropped by
17. Although my brother is sometimes mischievous, he is well-behaved on the whole.
C. having a close relation
18: We are very close-knit family.
19: Whenever problems come up, we discuss them frankly and find solutions quickly.
20. I carefully put my hand into the boy’s bag, took the notes and put them in my own bag.
A. the notebooks
B. the books
C. the money
D. the paper
21: It has been a habit for families to wait for the ring at 6 p.m. every day to____________ the garbage.
A. take out
B. take up
C. take off
D. take in
22: My brother____________ for a few weeks; he is trying to give it up.
A. didn’t smoke
B. hadn’t smoked
C. hasn’t smoked
D. wasn’t smoking
23: The most important thing of a true friendship is_____________ .
24: She found it difficult to get ____________ with new friends.
25: Shall we__________ hands to make the earth a better place to live?
26: With greatly increased workloads, everyone is _______ pressure now.
D. out of
27: He was so _____________ that he distrusted all his friends.
28: The company expects ________ from its employees.
29: Most doctors and nurses have to work on a _______ once or twice a week at the hospital.
B. night shift C. household chores D. special dishes
30: John is a mischievous boy, his mother is very worry about him.
31: Because of being a close-knit family, we always support one another
32: He wrote a very generous assessment of my work.
33. Good friendship should be based on….understanding.
34.Being his close friend, I always …....with his interests and aims.
35. For friendship to be intimate and lasting, both of the friends must have some special ……. . …
36. She complains noisily about anything she doesn’t like. She is always ………….a fuss.
37. If you want to get a good result in every work, you should have a............
38. A ..... friendship is a precious relation ship.
39. This ........ girl was disliked by the rest of the class. A. helpful
40. He pulled a(n) ........ of 10 pounds notes out of his pocket.A. sum
41. I dislike him because there’s a .... look on his face. A. Careful B. illegal
42. Young students are often…………….of working for long hours by themselves.
43. The first quality is…….a person who is concerned only……his own interests and feelings cannot be
a true friend.A. unselfishness / with. B. unsensational / for
C. unselfish / with
D. unselfishness /
44. I couldn’t help ____ at his jokes.A. laugh
C. to laugh
45. Tom offered _______ Jane a ticket to the theater, but she refused to take it.
A. to give
D. to be given
46. Everyone has a number of acquaintances, but no one has many friends.
B. a little of
C. a great deal of
47. Those workers stopped …………………..their coffee because they felt tired of their new work.
D. to drink
48. We are whispering to avoid…by the other ones.A. hearing B. being hearing C. to be heard
49. He ______________ me of not paying attention to what our teacher had said.
50. The mechanic needs...........a new muffler on your car.
A. to put
C. to be put
D. to putting
C. to be paint
51. The mouse family avoidedhouse needs...........
A. to paint
B. to be painting
52. You can believe him. I do not think he is capable _____ telling lies.A. to
53. Parents rarely let their children _______ out after 9 p.m.A. going
54. Loyalty is one of the most important ____ for a true friendship.A. qualities
C. grades D. personalities
55. The police made him _________ his luggage.A. opening
B. to open
56. I am delighted ___________ the news.A. hear B. to hear
D. to be hear
57. Before I ________ to bed, I ________ the lights.
A. went/ turned
C. had gone/turned
B. went/ had turned
58. I heard them _______ in the next room.A. talk B. to talking
59. When it started to rain, I ________ TV.A. watched
D. had gone/had turned
C. to talk
B. am watching
60. When I got to the station, the train _________ .A. left B. has left
C. have left
D. was left
66.Although they are twins, they have almost the same appearance but they are seldom in _______.
67.The more ___ and positive you look, the better you will feel.a. confide b. confident
68.My parents will have celebrated 30 years of __ by next week.a. marry b. married
69.Mr. Pike held his wife's hands and talked urgently to her in a low voice, but there didn't seem to be
70.Family is the place where _______ children is not only tolerated but welcomed and encouraged.
71.Socially, the married __ is thought to be the basic unit of society.a. couple
b. pair c. twins
72.Professor Berg was very interested in the diversity of cultures all over the world.
73.You are not ___ to say anything unless you wish to do so.a. obliged
74.A woman can never have a happy married life without _______ her husband.
75._______ large number of India men agreed that it was unwise to confide in their wives.
76.Not all men are concerned with _______ physical attractiveness of their girlfriends and wives.
77.My mother is the only one that I can absolutely confide _______.a. in b. for c. with
78.After they have been _______ love for two years, they decide to get married.
79.______ love is ______ very strong feeling of affection towards someone who you are romantically or
sexually attracted to.
a. The / the
b. The / Ø
c. A / the
d. Ø / a
80.I fell in ______ love with him because of his kind nature.a. a
81.His ideas about marriage are quite different ______ mine.a. with
82.I believe that he was concerned ______ all those matters which his wife mentioned.
83. She glanced briefly ________ his nice badge. A. in
84.Many Vietnamese people ______ their lives for the revolutionary cause of the nation
85.Most of us would maintain that physical ______ does not playa major part in how we react to the
people we meet.
86.They had a ______ candlelit dinner last night and she accepted his proposal of marriage.
87.Reading the story of the ______ having her dress torn off in the lift reminded me of my friend's
88.I do not think there is a real ______ between men and women at home as well as in society.
89.The ______ to success is to be ready from the start.a. key
90.A recent survey has shown that supporters of equal partnership in marriage are still in the ______.
91.She accepted that she had acted ______ and mistakenly, which broke up her marriage.
92.They decided to divorce and Mary is ______ to get the right to raise the child.
b. determined c. obliged
93. I don't like that man. There is a sneaky look on his face.
94.When they finished singing, Lisa _______ the candles on the cake.
A. turned off
B. blew out
C. cleared up
95. Their_________lasted a lifetime.A. friend
D. brought out
96. A (n) ______ is a person who steals something from someone.
97. What is the antonym of “ sorrows ” ?
98. Teenagers often have their own ________ who they admire very much
A. ideals B. admirers
99. Their_________lasted a lifetime.A. friend
100. A (n) ______ is a person who steals something from someone.