100 CÂU TRẮC NGHIỆM KHÓ
Compiled by Mrs Trang Anh
1. In a four-hour operation, surgeons managed to sew the girl’s………hand back on.
2. ……recent times, the discipline of biology has expanded rapidly into a variety of subdisciplines.
A. It is since
C. since it is
3. The incidence of anorexia nervosa,…………., is growing in industrially advanced societies.
A. is an eating disorder
C. an eating disorder which
B. an eating disorder
D. for which an eating disorder
4. ………., a brick fell on his head.
A. Turning the corner
C. Having turned the corner
B. When he turned the corner
D. Being turned the corner
5. A main clause is sometimes called a ……..clause.
6. He’s a …….and so he always votes for the Labour Party.
7. It is impossible for them to enter the country……..
A. on present
B. in time
C. at present
D. on time
8. Police had to break the meeting……
9. Einstein gradually became…….in the discussion.
C. to absorb
10. No educational system is perfect. Each one has its……..
11. we intend to ………..with the old system as soon as we have developed a better one.
A. do up
B. do away
C. do down
D. do in
12. when she heard the news, she………into tears.
13. Last night, I went to the movies and saw the most beautiful love story. I guess I have a ……for
14. I really had to………some strings to get reservations at this restaurant.
15. overexposure to the sun can produce……..some toxic chemicals.
A. more than damage to the skin
C. more damage than to the skin
B. damage more than to the skin
D. more damage to the skin than
16. Each athletes has to take part in the Olympic Games in the true spirit of…..
17. Electricity and gas supplies have been seriously………by the floods.
18. The old fishing village is very……..
C. picturesque D. picturedrome
19. Please find a(an) ……copy of the letter I received from the college.
20. She’s alive! She……….but that handsome young man dived and saved her just in time.
A. is drowning
B. had been drowning C. being drowning
D. was drowning
21. There were 6000 visitors in all. That was the……
22. Columbus gazed at the land that he….so far to seek.
A. had come
B. had been coming C. has come
D. has been coming
23. These figures show a………in the number of unemployed people in England and Wales
24. He spent all his money through………
25. It’s time you…….your way of living.
26. The number of students coming to school increased last year
A. shot up
B. shot in
C. shot on
D. shot off
27. If business doesn’t get better, we will need a loan from the bank.
A. pick at
B. pick up
C. pick out
D. pick off
28. They quarrelled …….the choice of a house.
29. I thought you said she was going away this summer, ……..?
A. didn’t I
B. didn’t you
C. wasn’t she
D. wasn’t it
30. Whole – grain food products…….in most large supermarkets across the United States and
A. now can purchase
B. can now be purchased
C. now to purchase
D. the purchase of which
31. Under no circumstances, ………or exchanged.
A. goods will be returned
C. goods should be returned
B. can goods be returned
D. are goods being returned
32. Rice is a ……..which is exported to other countries.
33. It is high time we got going, …..?
A. is not it
C. aren’t we
D. isn’t it
34. The hotel room was ……furnished with only a bed, a wardrobe and an ancient armchair.
35. I’ve had my car examined three times now but no mechanic has been able to…..the problem.
36. Don’t thank me for helping in the garden. It was…pleasure to be working out of doors.
37. The police appeared and…….the crowd
38. My sister was a very……woman, one day she would be happy, the next miserable.
39. The music aroused an……..feeling of homesickness in me.
40. What are the main…….of measles?
41. That country was brought……..to disaster.
B. more closely
C. more closedly
42. They said “…………while the iron is hot”
43. He ………in drug across the border when the police caught him last Sunday.
A. Was trafficked
B. was trafficking
C. had been trafficking
44. He used to rise……..dawn until he was old.
45. She often takes a………before going to bed.
46. I ……some unusual educational beliefs.
47. She has had a…………of disasters.
48. I liked the dress but was rather……off by the price.
49. His …….of the teacher made all of us laugh a lot.
50. You had agreed to take part in our anti-war march, why did you cop out?
C. act rashly
51. How long did the ………of the murderer last?
52. Malaria, which can be fatal if lest untreated, is transmitted by the female, ….by the male mosquito
53. How did you……this document?
A. come into
B. come by
C. come to
D. come at
54. It’s a foregone…………that Jim will be top of the class again.
55. I like to wear a beautiful ………..of pearls round my neck.
56. When he came ……., he found himself in the bed.
57. This is my business and you have no right to……..
58. The taxi………up by the kerb.
59. The wheels ……….as the car went over an icy patch.
60. Do you mind….that everyone has got a ticket?
61. My teacher was very conscious…….his bald head.
62. The offer of a place at a good university is not to be ……at.
63. The official reported on the accident was a…..of lies.
64. Unless you …….to the rules, we’ll have to ask you to leave.
65. If you want to find these titles, look them up in the……….
66. She doesn’t believe what he says. She has ……..about him.
67. The soldiers received commands from…….one-eyed general.
D. no word is needed
68. He was…………..with an extraordinary musical ability.
69. I could ……a note of panic in his voice.
70. It is……..impossible to tell the twins apart.
71. Thousands of people use the ……of footpaths across these hills.
72. A newspaper’s opinions are given in its………
73. Mr Brown is not a serious investor, but he likes to……..in the stock market.
74. The terrorists who hijacked the plane last night are still holding ten ….
75. He looks like a different person __________stage.
76. He made his______as a teen singer in 2015.
77. Justin Bieber is a______. Everyone adores his voice.
78. The judge__________appreciated her performance but the audience didn’t like it very much.
79. How long? by Charlie Puth is a___________hit.
80. In the past, it was misunderstand that inner body parts were ............ by the fine needles in
81. The ............... system controls the movement and emotion of our body.
82. The heart and blood vessels are parts of the .................. system.
83. The system that lets us take in oxygen and release carbon dioxide is called ................... system
84. The system that works as the control panel of the body in the .................. system
85. After graduating from university, I want to ____ my father's footsteps.
A. follow in
B. succeed in
C. go after
D. keep up
86. Anna often dresses ____ when going to the parties in order to attract her friends' attention.
87. Since the family law was implemented, domestic violence has been a rare ____ in this area.
B. taking place
88. I don't know what to say to break the ____ with someone I've just met at the party.
89. Their close friendship ____ a romantic relationship.
A. brings about
B. puts up
C. takes over
D. turns into
90. All the three boys seem to fall ____ over heels in love with her.
91. Parents are always willing to lend a sympathetic ____ to their children when they have problems.
92. I have a ____ on a classmate who is very near and dear to me.
93. Jane arranged for me to go on a/an ____ date with a guy from her office.
94. ____ dating involves couples going out together. It gives you the chance to see how your date
interacts with other people.
95. If you are lucky, it will be love at first ____.
96. When you start dating somebody regularly, we say that you are ____ somebody.
97. His youngest daughter was the ____ of his eye.
98. The director informed that no candidates ____ all the criteria for the administrative position.
99. ____ time-management skill is a core requirement for this job.
100. I was encouraged to ____ for the grandest prize in the dancing competition.