Ha Trung High School
REVISION FOR THE 1st TERM EXAMINATION - GRADE 12
Task 1: Listen to the passage and fill in the missing information.
1. The wedding day is carefully chosen by the _______________________ .
2. The gifts are wrapped in_____________________________ .
3. The wedding ceremony starts in front of the_______________________ .
4. Food and drinks are served____________________ .
5. The guests give the newly wedded couples envelopes containing
Task 2: Linda Cupple, a social worker, advises young people on how to use the telephone in their
family. Listen to her talk and decide whether the statements are true (T) or false (F).
1. The telephone often causes arguments between members of the family.
2. A reasonable length of time for a call is the main problem.
3. Ten minutes is a reasonable length of time for a call.
4. Young people should not receive a call at dinner time
5. Young people often call their friends at night.
6. You can’t call your friends at any time even when you have a separate telephone
Task 3: Listen to the conversation between Jenny and Gavin. Pul a tick (✓) to the question to
which the answer is “Yes”.
Did you always work very hard?
Did you always listen carefully to your teacher?
Did vou always behave well?
Did you pass your exam easily?
Did you always write your homework slowly and carefully?
Did you think school days are /were the best days of your life?
Task 2: Listen again and decide whether the sentences are true (T) or false (F).
1. American workers have changed from manufacturing jobs to service jobs.
2. Manufacturing jobs are jobs in which workers make something.
3. Personal services are one of the five service jobs.
4. 70% of workers produced goods one hundred years ago.
5. 80% of workers will work in the service sector by the year 2020.