ĐỀ SỐ 8 UNIT 8
I. Find the word which has a different sound in
the part underlined
III. Find which word does not belong to each group.
1. A. relax
2. A. went
3. A. volleyball
4. A. kick
5. A. net
6. A. gym
7. A. swimming
B. high jump
8. A. hobby
V. Complete the sentences with the correct form of do or
1. Do you often
2. My Dad
football for the town team when he was young.
3. My sister enjoys
table tennis in her free tme
4. My brother
basketball for the school team.
gymnastcs at school yesterday.
6. I like
7. My friend
judo twice a week.
8. My mother
yoga at the new sports centre.
VI. Choose the best answer (A, B, C or D).
three goals for our team and made it a hat trick.
2. Our school football team
the match with Nguyen Du school last
3. Blackburn rover is at the bottom of the league. They
4. Playing sports helps us get
5. Minh’s dream is to become a
6. I’d like to watch motor racing because it is very
7. My sister often
badminton in her free tme.
D. to play
8. When you go to the zoo, don’t
9. Sports and games
an important part in our life.
10. Football is regarded
the most popular sport in the world.
sports do you like to watch on television?
D. How often
12. I usually play football when I have
A. spare tme
B. good tme
C. no tme
13. In team sports, the two teams
against each other in order to
get the better score.
14. do you do judo?
- Twice a week.
B. How often
15. Team sports are sometimes called
B. competiton C. competitor
16. I like watching football matches but I am not very good
17. Last summer, I
fishing with my uncle in the afternoon.
18. Nam plays sports very often, so he looks very
draw on the walls and tables, please?
20. Marathon is considered a/an
X. Complete the following sentences with the correct form
of the verbs in brackets.
1. I (not be)
very happy yesterday.
2.The people in the café (not be)
friendly when I was there
3. I (leave)
my school bag at school this morning.
4. It (be)
a great film in 2001.
5. Our teacher (tell)
us to be quiet yesterday.
6. I went to the shop but I (not have)
7. Susan (not know)
about the exam and she did very badly.
8. I (buy)
a tcket for the football match yesterday.
XI. Complete the following sentences with the past form
of the verbs in brackets.
1. My father
Math at university.
2. We were very tred so we
to pick the bag up, but it was very heavy.
4. The firemen
the woman from the burning house.
5. The cat
up into the tree.
6. After the film, we
7. It was very cold so we
8. You are late! The lesson
ten minutes ago.
9. The teacher
a lot of questons yesterday.
10. The programme was very funny, we
IX. Complete the following sentences with the correct words
from the box.
1. In tennis, you
2. In hockey, you never
3. In basketball, you
the ball on the floor.
4. In football, you
5. In football, the goalkeeper needs to
6. In rugby, you
the ball to people in your team.
VII. Match the questions (A) and the answers (B).
1. Do you like volleyball?
2. How often do you go swimming? b.Liverpool
3. What’s your favourite sport?
c. No. Not really.
4. Who’s your favourite
d.Three or four times a week.
5. What’s your favourite football
e.She’s a skier. But I can’t think of her
name right now