ĐỀ SỐ 6 UNIT 6
I. Find the word which has a different sound in the part underlined
1. A. decorate
2. A. smile
3. A. special
4. A. rice
5. A. cheer
6. A. blossom
7. A. tradition
8. A. travel
9. A. love
10. A. shy
III. Find which word does not belong to each group.
1. A. apricot
2. A. house
3. A. rooster
4. A. decorate
5. A. Korea
IV. Choose the best answer (A, B, C or D).
1. In London people cheer and sing when the clock
2. On new year’s day, children
A. get – in
B. ask – on
B. should bring
6. We shouldn’t play music
us good or bad luck?
C. can make
5. Some Vietnamese people don’t eat shrimps
D. have – with
millions of voices
4. Do you believe that the first footer
A. must take
C. take –at
3. The Times Square Ball begins its fall
countdown the final seconds of the year.
midnight on New Year’s
D. can bring
New year’s day.
7.At Tet, many people present rice to wish
enough food throughout the
copy their classmates’ work.
9. The American
a midnight kiss with someone they love.
10. People in many countries in the world often wear their
on the New Year day.
11. I wish you a
A. long – best
12. I will
B. big – good
C. long – good
D. happy – bad
my lucky money in my piggy bank.
13. We should help our mother
14. People in Laos
B. to make
the table after the meal.
elders and wish them a long and healthy
B. friend – lives
16. Children should help their parents
D. to clearing
water over one another.
15. On new year’s day, children in Korea make a
A. bow – live
to their parents or
C. bows – lives
D. bow – life
their house with flowers and
17. New year’s Eve is a night when members of a family often get
18. People believe that
water over people will bring a lot of rain in the new
B. to throw
19. January 1st is a day when people in Europe and America
20. New year is one of four important
in the United States.
V. Complete the sentences
go to bed so late every night.
drink so much coffee before bedtime.
smoke so much.
4. Tom has a bad toothache. He
5. The students
go to the dentist.
make so much noise.
6. The film is interesting. You
go and see it.
drive carefully. The traffic is very heavy.
give up smoking.
9. The English girl wants to live in Viet Nam. She
spend more time on your homework.
VI. Match an item in column A with its meaning in column B.
4. Piggy bank
a. A time when people come together.
b. To add something in order to make a thing more beautiful
to look at.
c. A small box often in shape of a pig that children use
for saving money in.
d. To do something special or enjoyable on an important day
e. The day or evening before an important day.
VII. Match the questions (A) and the answers (B).
1. What shouldn’t we do during Tet?
2. When will we visit the pagoda?
3. What will you do to help
your parents before Tet?
a. On the first day of Tet.
b. No. we will cook them ourselves.
c. I help my father to repaint and
decorate our house.
d. Well, I keep it in my piggy bank.
e. We shouldn’t play game all day.
4. Will we buy ‘Banh Chung’ for Tet?
5. Will you spend all your lucky