1. HB HiFi has upgraded its stock from the
BC50 to the new BC100, which features
slots and USB ports.
2. The aging administrative buildings are
virtually uninhabitable in both winter and
their primitive heating
and cooling vents.
(A) in order to
(B) due to
moving to the downtown branch
last year, Ms. Taylor stays in touch with
many of her old colleagues at our branch.
waiting for a formal incident
report, the company's European head
officer called the branch manager for an
informal situation update.
(A) According to
(O) T urther
fC) Instead of
company regulations, all
employees will be considered for a yearly
performance-based pay raise.
(A) In common with
(B) According to
(C) In case of
(D) On behalf of
TOEIC Trairwig Reading Comprehension 8f>0
6. In-house legal specialists and hired
attorneys are always very busy
to patent infringement suits against the
7. Company clients who cannot get through
to an associate or senior executive
due to busy phone lines may always
leave a message
our team of
8. Mr. Dumont is going to read the proposal
accuracy before it is sent to the
9. Dr. Christian Nielson is renowned as a
the care of
terminally ill children.
10. When owners of company products
source spare parts
suppliers, their warranty may be void.
(C) out of
Anyone seeking further information
the advertising job should
consult the company's website.
(B) so that
(C) even if
BNY Infotech is a leader
biggest players in the software industry.
(B) (ton i
Professor Brown will return to the
university when the semester resumes,
which time he will reply to all
requests for post-graduate student
The corporation's increase in sales stood
at 5.8% at the end of the last quarter,
the record rate of
growth set late last year.
All departments wanting to contribute
to the monthly bulletin must have their
the 30th of
(t >) except
his time as a faculty member,
Professor Michelson developed the
image of a dedicated and serious
17. Mr. Hernandez has finished all of the
studying required for his promotion,
for an accounting unit he will
take during winter vacation.
some turbulent discussions, the
chairman of Universal Exports eventually
announced a partnership with Cyber
19. The grand ballroom at the Interpark Hotel
was reserved by Ms. Schneider
the company's awards ceremony.
20. A proposal is under consideration
the extension of the Mt.
Hutchison dam system.
Unit 4 Prepositions
21. There are always openings for people
Ms. O'Brian's caliber at our
27. Smith expects to introduce its new
computerized management system
the end of the year.
22. Due to changing trends, there was a
distinct drop-off in the number
speakers at this year's seminar.
half of the DSY Corporation's
annual profits are generated in the Middle
24. Jonathan Kerr was asked to head the
25. The recent changes going on
consumer electronics industry reflect the
new focus on consumer demand.
older versions, the new GetAround Guide to America now features
budget accommodation listings.
29. In the Windsor Hotel's basement, there
is a fully equipped gym featuring a rockclimbing wall
(C) from (D) with
30. In order to apply to move from one
the company to
another, employees should consult Ms.
31. As most common stationery items are
ordered in bulk, all employees must
not reorder office supplies
consulting the office manager.
a level below
26. Interest rates fell
5.5 percent in September, marking their
lowest level since late last year.
IOFIC Training Reading Comprehension 860
32. Peter Lawrence has been tasked with
conducting online research to assist
35. The seminar was held so far
the city center that buses were the only
available mass-transit option.
33. Anyone ordering a new MP3 player
the end of the month will receive
a free extra set of headphones.
a sudden increase in the value
of foreign currencies, the imported car
market looks set to remain steady for the
remaining months of the year.
34. No vehicle ownership will be officially
such time as it
is registered with the state transport
Unit 4 Prepositions
the employees' new details were
entered into the company's records,
salary payment records began arriving
McCloud Media has grown steadily at
a rate of approximately five percent
shares were floated a
current city retail psychology
reveals that consumers react favorably
to gardens in shopping precincts,
many towns are now creating attractive
landscapes to attract customers.
the bistro's opening was
delayed, the general consensus was
that the excellent menu there more than
made up for it.
People Movers Recruitment is going
ahead with its plan to open offices in
declined in the first quarter.
(C) instead of
(D) even though
the erection of the Hillside
Housing Complex is delayed, houses are
expected to be sold rapidly.
(B) So that
(D) Even if
experience with children would
be a positive; it is not regarded as
essential for applicants for the job.
Recruiters from DHC Electronics are
planning to attend trade shows in Berlin
they are not going to
(A) in spite of
(B) so as
(I )) Regarding
research for the Collins case
is so complex, Mr. Harris is going to
need to request help from some of the
Unit 5 Conjunctions
10. Company travel policy states that
executives may fly first class
flight's duration is greater than ten hours.
(A) as if
(B) only if
(C) not only
(D) as much as
11. All employee information held by
Washington Mutual will be kept in
is otherwise agreed by individual
(B) as if
12. Everything looks very positive for the
the current investors
do not default on their agreements.
(A) as if
(D) assuming that
13. We recommend that all of our customers
register their products' serial numbers
they may be assured of
receiving all software updates.
(B) in case of
(C) as to
(D) so that
inconvenient, all worksite visitors
must wear full safety gear, including
helmets and steel-toed boots.
TOEIC Training Reading Comprehension 860
15. Telecommuter boosters will often
convenient it is for
people wishing to cut down on their work
16. Laboratory access is restricted to those
registered fingerprints or
17. Neither video cameras
foods are allowed in the cinema.
18. Industry watchers have expressed their
surprise that such a humble company
prospered but also became
19. After a solid four decades, Wet and Wild
is the sole remaining publication catering
freshwater and saltwater
20. As the venue is now booked
the date agreed upon, Ms. Chen can
commission the flyers for the fundraising
25. The administration requires next-of-kin
details for all employees
members need to be contacted during
21. High-level sportspeople must maintain a
high level of fitness
run the risk
of suffering injuries that cause permanent
(B) even if
(C) in case
26. Under this liability plan, you are financially
covered in case you damage another
your payments are
up to date.
(13) on account of
(C) or else
22. The storage facility plan was due last
the manager has now
granted the architects an extension.
(A) so as
(B) provided that
(C) depending on
(D) lather than
27. The factory's internal lights are controlled
so that they are only in operation
workers are present.
23. Stradbroke Management Optimization
relies on a strong core group of
stresses its human touch in consulting
with new clients.
(B) now that
(C) in case
newly hired employees have
completed a trial period, they are set to
receive full medical and pension plans.
24. All employees are reminded to treat each
other with politeness and respect
that we can maintain a civil atmosphere
at all times.
Unit 5 Conjunctions