Date of preparation :
Date of teaching :
Lesson 1 : Verb of liking / not linking + V-ing
By the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to:
- get more practice and know how to use Verb of liking/not liking + V–ING
-develop four skills
II- Language content:
Verb of liking + V–ING
Vocabularies of Unit 1
III- Teaching method:
- Communicative approach
IV- Teaching aids
- Textbook, pictures and advanced books
V- Teaching steps:
-Ask Ss to add - Ing into the following verbs
Presentation I. VOCABULARY
1. Hobby : Sở thích
2. Collect : Sưu tập – Collection (n): Sự sưu tập,
bộ sưu tập
3. Doll : Búp bê
4. Glass bottle : Chai thủy tinh
5. Mountain climbing : Leo núi
6. Cycling : Đạp xe
7. Taking photos : Chụp ảnh
8. Cooking : Nấu ăn
9. Bird-watching : Quan sát chim chóc
10.Gardening : Làm vườn
11.Arranging flower : Cắm hoa
12.Skating : Trượt pa tin
13.Playing the guitar : Cchơi ghi ta
14.Playing board games : Trò chơi với bảng (cờ
cá ngựa, cờ tỉ phú, ...)
15.Unusual : Bất thường
II.*Verb of liking + V–ING
We often use the –ING form after verbs of liking
and not liking. These verbs are like , love, enjoy,
and hate (not like).
- I like swimming.
- My grandpa loves reading newspaper.
- My brother enjoys playing football.
] Cách thêm đuôi –ING
• Với động từ tận cùng bằng e, ta bỏ e rồi
Ex: take à taking ride à riding
* không áp dụng với ee
Ex: see àseeing
• Động từ tận cùng bằng ie , ta biến ie thành
y rồi thêm –ING
Ex : lie àlying
• Nhưng tận cùng bằng y thì vẫn giữ nguyên
và thêm –ING
Ex: try àtrying
• Gấp đôi phụ âm cuối nếu trước đó là một
nguyên âm rồi thêm –ING
Ex: stop àstopping
- Ask students to do some exercises.
- Call some studnets to write down the board.
EX1: Choose the best answer
1. Ann (hates, hate) playing games. She doesn’t
(like, likes) playing volleyball.
2 .Mr Brown (enjoys, enjoy) reading books a lot.
He (likes, like) reading stories, too.
3. We (like, likes) playing table tennis. They (like,
likes) playing table tennis, too.
4. I (dislike, dislikes) eating durians but I (like,
likes) eating mangoes a lot.
5. They (hate, hates) cleaning the foor but we
(love, loves) cleaning the floor
6. I don’t (likes, like) people shouting at me. She
doesn’t (like, likes) people shouting at her, either.
7. I love (meet, meeting) people. He (loves, love)
meeting people, too.
8 .Tom doesn’t (minds, mind) working at night.
They don’t (mind, minds) working either.
9. I enjoy (being, be) alone. Thanh doesn’t (enjoy,
enjoys) being alone.
10. He’s not very fond of (doing, do) the
EX2:Choose the word that has the underlined
part pronounced differently from the others.
1. A. singer
2. A. picture
3. A. term
4. A. carrot
5. A. collect
EX3: Odd one out
1. A. listen
2. A. mountain-climbing B. horse-riding
3. A. model
4. A. interesting
5. A. complete
EX4: Complete the sentences , using the –ING
the form of verb:
1. I really enjoy …………. (paint) funny pictures
2. You need ………… (work) hard if you want to
- Pair work
be a professional dancer.
3. Don’t worry. I ……………. (go) swimming
with you tomorrow.
4. Will you take up………….. (make) pottery in
5. I enjoy……………. (fish) because it ……….
6. Ngoc …..(love) cartoons, but she says she
…….. (not continue) this hobby in the future.
7. His hobby is ……….(collect) toy cars.
8. Do you think you ………(meet) An this week?
– I’m not sure.
9. I find this hobby …………. (relax) and I feel
10.When you ……….(start) making architectural
11.I like (play) ………… table tennis.
12.My grandpa enjoys (drink) ………. a cup of
13.My mum loves (cook) ………….
14.I hate (eat) ……………… fish.
15.Does your dad like (read) ……….. magazine?
16.I like (talk) …………… with my friends.
17.Does your aunt love (ride )………..?
18.My brother likes (run) …….. in the morning.
EX5:Make the sentences and use them to
complete the conversation
1. You / share / hobby / anyone? →
2. What/ your / favourite/ hobby? →
3. When / start / hobby? →
4. Where / you / get / the sewing pattern?
5. I / like / make / my own clothes →
I love sewing
Last summer, I went to Nha Trang and my
aunt taught me.
Yes, my elder sister loves it too.
Is it difficult to sew?
I get them from the fashion magazine.
Fill each blank in the following letter with a
Thanks for your letter. Now I’ll tell you
__________ my hobbies.
My favourite hobby is knitting. It’s strange, isn’t
it? My mother __________ me to knit two years
ago. Now I can knit scarves and sweaters. It’s
great when I can __________ them to my
relatives and friends as gifts. Knitting is also
imaginative __________ you can knit anything
you can imagine of. Besides, it is quite cheap. You
only __________ a pair of needles and some
I’m sending you a scarf next month. I’m knitting
it. I hope you’ll like it.
- Guide pupils to do exercises in their workbook
- Learn the theory by heart.
Bạn nào cần đầy đủ bộ giáo án dạy thêm thí điểm
này thì liên hệ với mình qua gmail “