Giáo án Tiếng anh 8
Phòng giáo dục Mĩ hào
Trờng thcs dơng quang
The achievement progress test N02
A. The objectives
- By the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to complete the test and improve
their language and skills. Theyll revise the grammar and structures learned in
the last three units. Theyll self assess and find out their strengths and
weaknesses, which they need to improve.
Vocabulary: Words to talk about study habits; words to talk about school life/
activities; words to talk about future plans: play soccer, plant trees, save
natural resources, raise funds, etc
Grammar: Present simple with future meaning. Reported speech: commands,
requests, advice. Gerunds. Modals: Can, could, May to ask for favors, offer
assistance. Used to to talk about past habits. Adverbs of manner: hard, fast,
Skills: Listening, reading, writing
Work arrangements: Individuals, pairs, groups, T-WC
Checking the attendance
II. New lesson
Hand out the test papers.
Teacher gives comments on the
Prepare new lesson Unit 4
Ma trận hai chiều
Kĩ năng Nghe
Kĩ năng đọc
Kĩ năng viết
Tự luận TNKQ
Câu I. (2,5 điểm) Chọn một đáp án đúng nhất để hoàn thành các câu sau:
1. I will be back ____________________ 8.30 and 9.30. (at/ between/ from/ after)
2. My elder sister enjoys _____________________ (cook/ to cooking/ cooking/ to
Vũ Mạnh Hà / email@example.com / 0982928076
3. _____ do you have English? - Three times a week. (How long/ How often/
4. Tim was born ______________ December 30, 1975
(at/ in/ on/
5. Could you help me, please? - ___
(No problem/ No, thank you/ No,
I'm fine/ Not at all)
6. You have to fill ________________ your application form.
(on/ in/ at/
7. In the past people ___ in small houses and cottages
used to live/ were used to live/ was used to living)
8. Miss Jackson asked me _________ you this dictionary. (give/ giving/ to giving/
9. Tim's mother is always proud _______ him because he works so hard. (with/
about/ of/ at)
10. Would you like some coffee? ______________________________________
(Yes, Im glad you like it/ Yes, please/ No, thank you. Im fine/ Of course)
Câu II. (1,5 điểm). Đọc đoạn văn sau và xác định thông tin trong các câu
sau True (Đúng), False (Sai) hoặc không có thông tin (N.I: No information). Viết
True / False hoặc N.I vào chỗ trống:
In the first year of lower secondary school, Nam had some difficulties in
learning English. His pronunciation of English words was really bad and his
English grammar was worse. He did not know how to improve them. One
afternoon after the lesson, his teacher of English told him to wait for her
outside the classroom. She took him to the school library and showed him
cassettes of pronunciation drills kept in a glass bookcase. She also told him
how to use an English- English dictionary to improve his English grammar.
Now I think you know what you should do, said she. He did not know that
only one year later, he would win the first prize in the English speaking contest.
1. ________ At first, Nam was not good at English.
2. ________ His pronunciation of English words is worse than his English
3. ________ His listening was terrible.
4. _______ His teacher of English took him to the bookshop to show him the
cassettes and the dictionary.
5. ________ She helped Nam to improve his English pronunciation and
grammar by himself.
6. _________ Nam won the first prize in the speaking contest.
Câu III. (1,25 điểm) Đọc đoạn văn sau và trả lời câu hỏi:
I have a little notebook. I always have it with me. I try to fill one page a
day. Sometimes I put words in groups, like fruit, all kinds of fruit. You know? Or
colors, or clothes, or things and the shops where you buy them. I have some
grammar pages, where I write regular verbs or irregular verbs, or a page of
prepositions. I think prepositions are difficult, you know - on Sunday, in the
morning, listen to a concert - but you say phone someone. In my language we
say "phone to someone".
1. What does she always have with her?
2. How many pages does she try to fill a day?
3. In what way does she put words?
4. What does she write on grammar pages?
5. Why does she have a page for prepositions?
Câu IV. (2,0 điểm) Sử dụng các từ gợi ý, viết thành một lá th hoàn chỉnh.
1. I/ happy/ tell/ you/ I/ going/ join/ the Y&Y Green Group.
Vũ Mạnh Hà / firstname.lastname@example.org / 0982928076
2. The Y&Y Green Group/ planning/ have/ environment week.
3. We / going/ sweep and tidy/ the roads/ near our school.
4. We/ going/ plant trees and flowers/ the school garden/ water /them/
5. We/ also/ plant / young trees / sell/ other schools.
6. We/ hope/ give/ more green color/ our school/ and/ earn / money/ our school
7. It/ interesting/ activity?
8. Write/ me/ tell/ your news.
C©u V. (1,5 ®iÓm) H·y hoµn thµnh c¸c ®o¹n ®èi tho¹i sau:
1. Your friend: Could you do me a favor, please?
Your friend: Can you help me fix my bike? It has a flat tire.
Your friend: Thank you very much. That’s very kind of you.
2. You: _________________________________________?
Tourist: Yes. Can you show me how to get to the post office, please?
Tourist: Thanks a lot.
C©u V I/ (1,25 ®iÓm) H·y nghe vµ hoµn thµnh mÉu ®¬n sau.
Home address: (2) _________ Mi
Date of Birth: (4) _______________
Interests: Camping, (5) ______________
Vò M¹nh Hµ / email@example.com / 0982928076