PART 1 PERSONAL INFORMATION (2-3 minutes)
In part 1 you have to give personal information about your family, studies, home town, free time,
1. What's your name?
19. What is your favorite season?
2. Can you spell your last/ first name?
20. What means of transportation do you
3. How old are you?
4. Have you got any brothers or sisters?
21. What was your favorite subject at school?
5. Where do you live?
22. How do you practice English skills?
6. How long have you lived there?
23. Can you tell me about your family?
7. Do you study English at school?
24. What does your family do together?
8. Do you like studying English? Why? Why
25. Can you describe your house or flat?
26. Do you have a favorite relative? What’s
9. Do you think that English will be useful for
you in the future?
27. Can you tell me something about your
10. What do you do? What is your major?
11. How do you get to school?
28. What subjects do you enjoy the most?
12. How long does it take to come to school?
29. What subjects do you enjoy the least?
13. What do you do in your free time?
30. Do you have any hobbies?
14. What are your favorite foods?
31. What kind of musk do you enjoy most?
15. What did you do last weekend?
32. What kind of sports are you and your
16. Where is your hometown? What is special
friends interested in?
33. What do you and your friends like to do
17. Where do you want to shop, at the market
when you go out?
or at the supermarket?
34. How do you usually spend your holidays?
18. What kind of weather do you like?
PART 2: SIMULATED SITUATION (2-3 minutes)
In part 2 you have to talk about a situation which is illustrated on a sheet of paper. Mane suggestions
and discuss alternatives.
A: What do you think about this idea ………
B: Well, I'm not so sure about that. I think It’s (reason). I think …. would be more fun.
A: Yes, that's a good point but (reason). How about ….?
B: I don't think that's such a good idea. (reason). Why don't we ……?
A: Yes, that's a good point. So, shall we choose…….?
B: Yes, you're right (reason) I think that's the best Idea.
PART 3: DESCRIBING A PHOTO (1 – 1 ½ minutes per candidate)
In PART 3 you have to: Talk about a colour photo
SOME USEFUL LANGUAGE
GIVE A GENERAL INTRODUCTION
■ This picture shows ….
■ This is a picture of ….
■ In this picture I can see ….
TALK ABOUT PLACES
■ They’re driving in the country/in a city/in the mountains
■ She’s sitting inside/outside a café
■ I can see a street market/old building/ square/ street/ restaurant/ beach ….
DESCRIBE PEOPLE’S AGE
■ He’s about 50 years old.
■ They’re in their twenties
■ She’s a teenager/ a young child/ a middle - aged woman
DESCRIBE PEOPLE’S CLOTHES
■ She’s wearing a pair of shorts and a red T - Shirt
■ They’re wearing quite casual/smart clothes
■ He’s wearing a uniform
DESCRIBE PEOPLE’S ACTIONS
■ He’s sitting at a desk
■ She’s standing in a quene
■ They’re having a meal
■ Some people are sunbathing and others are swimming in the sea
DESCRIBE PEOPLE’S ROLES IN A PICTURE
■ He’s probaly a shop assistant and she’s a customer
■ This person on the left seems to be a tourist guide - he’s pointing to a building
■ The man serving the drink is a waiter
DESCRIBE PEOPLE’S FEELINGS IN A PICTURE
■ You can tell they are enjoying themselves because they are smiling
■ He seems a bit fringtened, Maybe this is the first time he’s tried this
■ She looks very interested in this activity – she’s concentrating very hard
PARAPHRASE (use these phrases to describe words you don’t know)
■ It’s something you fry food in (frying pan)
■ It’s a kind of container for flowers (a vase)
■ It’s a cupboard for keeping clothes in (a wardrobe)
■ It might be summer because some people are wearing sunglasses
■ It’s probaly in the country, because …
■ This picture could be in Northem Europe because of the buildings
■ In the middle of the picture there is a group of people, probaly tourists because …
■ In the background there is a church …
■ There’s a bookshelf next to/ near/ behind/ in front of the door
Your photographs showed people studying. Now I'd like you to talk together about when you want to
have a break and where you would like to go during the break.
Okay, when do you want to have a break, Anna?
Well, I want to have a break at ........ .At that time I can ....... What about you, Jim?
Yeah, I want to have a break at ........ This is because/ as (reason).
Absolutely, And where you would like to go during the break?
During the break I like going to ....... I can ........... at this place. How about you, Anna?
Wow/That's interesting, I think I will go to ............ There, I can ..........
I quite agree with you. Bye for now.