Instructions for using the Word Test Bank
1. Open the test you want to pull questions from and “empty test.doc”.
2. From the question file, highlight the first question you want to use by clicking
the mouse in front of the question number and dragging to the end of the
question. Do not highlight the answer that appears beneath it.
3. Hold down the control key and press the letter C to copy the question.
4. From the Window menu, select “empty test.doc”.
5. Place the cursor beneath the exam instructions.
6. Hold down the Control key and press the letter V to paste the question.
7. Repeat the steps above with the rest of the questions you want to use for this
8. You will notice that when you follow these instructions, the questions will
renumber themselves in "empty test.doc," and the answers appear at the
below a page break at the bottom of the file.
9. Save “empty test.doc” as “exam1.doc” or the filename of your choice.
10. Now you can print one copy and put the answer section aside for yourself
before photocopying the question section for your class.
Copyright © Harcourt, Inc.