QUANTITIVES: A BOX / CAN OF….
HOW MUCH / MANY….?
- Partitives: a box, a tube , a box, a cup, a bowl, a glass, a dozen, a liter , a pound ,
- Ss read and write them.
1. Từ chỉ bộ phận được dùng trước danh từ để chỉ một phần của sự vật cụ thể được
đề cập đến chứ không phải toàn thể.
a. Từ chỉ sự đo lường: a liter of oild, a pound of meat , a dozen eggs, 200 grams of
chicken, a kilo of beef.
b. Từ chỉ đơn vị đặc trưng: a cup of tea, a glass of milk, a bowl of noodles, a bar of
soup, a box of chocolates
2. Hỏi về số lượng
a. How much + danh từ không đếm được + do / does + S+ need / want?
S + need(s)/want(s) + some / ………. + N
b. How many + danh từ đếm được số nhiều + do / does + S + need / want?
S + need(s)/want(s) + some / …..+ N.
3. Can: chỉ sự cho phép , lời yêu cầu lịch sự, yêu cầu /ai làm gì/điều gì.
a. Can I help you ? câu nói của người bán hàng
b. Can you + V + O ?
+ Yes, of course/ certainly / I’d love to
- I’m sory. I can’t ./ I’d like to , but I’m sory I can’t. I’m busy.
Ex1. Compose a word in line 1 and a word in line 2
1. a bottle of , a packet of , a box of , half a kilo of, a can of , a bar of, a tube of, a
glass of, a dozen
2. eggs, lemon juice, toothpaste, chocolate, soap, tea, cooking oil, peas, rice
Ex2. Put these words into the correct columns.
Fruit juice, carrot, candy, water, milk, fried fish, salad, orange juice, cookies, egg,
meat, tea chocolate, ham, cabbage, rice, banana, beef, apple, lemonade.
Ex3: Put the words into the correct order.
1. would / some / please / I / eggs / like.
2. do / have / lunch / what / for / you / ?
3. kilos / does / how / oranges / of / many / want / she / ?
4. mother / a /of / my / bottle / needs / cooking / oil .
5. food / fish / my / is / favorite.
6. a / I / menu / can / have / please / ?
7. is / a / of /how / Soda / can / much / ?
8. some / vegetables / she / rice / and / has / some / meat / for / some / lunch.
Ex4: Make sentences using: How much / many …… want? And answer
1. cooking oil / you want / two bottles.
-> … two bottles of cooking oil
2. tea / he want / 3 packets.
-> …. three packets of tea
3. rice / Lan want / a kilo.
-> …. a kilo of rice
4. beef / Hoa want / 200 grams.
-> …. 200 grams of beef.
5. pork / they want / half a kilo
-> …. half a kilo of pork
6. bars of soap / you want / two bars.
-> … two bars of soap
7. tubes of toothpaste / he want / three.
-> …. three tubes of toothpaste.
8. cans of peas / Lan want / four.
-> …. four cans of peas
9. sandwiches / your sister want / four pieces. -> four pieces of sandwiches.
10. eggs / they want / a dozen.
-> … a dozen eggs
Ex5: Answer the questions.
1. What foods does your mother like?
2. What foods does your father like?
3. What foods does your brother/ sister like?
4. What foods do you like?
5. What drinks do you want?
6. What drinks does your mother have?
7. Does your father have any drinks?
8. Do you have any milk?
- Redo exercises and do the left exercises.
III. Teacher’s self – evaluation and remark