Choose the best answer
1. The story was very funny. The math teacher told the story.
A.The story that the math teacher told was very funny.
B.The story which the math teacher told was very funny.
C.The story the math teacher told was very funny.
D. All are correct.
2. The girl went to the police station. Her case was stolen.
A. The girl whose case was stolen went to the police station.
B. The girl her case was stolen went to the police station.
C. The girl the case of which was stolen went to the police station.
D. The girl who’s case was stolen went to the police station.
3. Is the man your father? The man is standing at the gate.
A. Is the man whom is standing at the gate your father?
B. Is the man who is standing at the gate your father?
C. Is the man standing at the gate your father?
D. Both B and C are correct.
4. Can the students give back their books? The students are leaving
A. Can the students whom are leaving tomorrow give back their
B. Can the students who leaving tomorrow give back their books?
C. Can the students leaving tomorrow give back their books?
D. Can the students whose leaving tomorrow give back their
5. The children were attracted by the show. It was performed by the
A. The children attracted by the show which was performed by
B. The children were attracted by the show to have been
performed by the
C. The show performing by the animals attracted the children.
D. The children were attracted by the show performed by the
6. The tree should be cut down. Its branches are dead.
A. The tree whose branches are dead should be cut down.
B. The tree its branches are dead should be cut down.
C. The tree where the branches of which are dead should be cut
D. A and C are correct.
7. I saw a lot of new people at the party, ____________ seemed
A. some of whom B. some of who C. whom
D. some of that
8. My friend eventually decided to quit her job, ____________ upset
me a lot
9. Is there anything else ____________ you want to ask?
10.They have just visited the town ____________ location was little
11.He lives in a small town ____________.
A. where is called Taunton
B. which is called Taunton
C. is called Taunton
D.that called Taunton
12.____________ want to get a good job have to have certain
B. Those which C.Those who
D. Those whom
13.We have a lot of things that we have to do today.
B. to do
14.The young man who lives next door is very kind to my family.
A. to live next door
B. he lives next door
C. living next door
D. lived next door
15.There was no one for me to ask for help .
A. I could ask for help
B. when I could ask for help
C. I could ask whom for help
D. for that I could ask for help
16. "Have you ever met the man ________ over there?" "No. Who is
C. is standing
D. who he is standing
17. Tell me the countries. People drive on the left there.
A. Tell me the countries which people drive on the left.
B. Tell me the countries where people drive on the left.
C. Tell me the countries that people drive on the left.
D. Tell me the countries when people drive on the left.
18. The man is my uncle. He is talking to Mr Brown.
A.The man talking to Mr Brown is my uncle.
B.The man is talking to Mr Brown is my uncle.
C.The man talks to Mr Brown is my uncle.
D.The man talked to Mr Brown is my uncle.
19. The road which joins the two villages is very narrow.
A.The road joins the two villages is very narrow.
B.The road joining the two villages is very narrow.
C.The road joined the two villages is very narrow.
D.The road is joining the two villages is very narrow.
20. Haywood is the village ________ .
A.where I was born in
B.which I was born
C.in which I was born
D.which I was born there
21. The coffee __________ in that restaurant was cold and tasteless.
A. I drank it
B. that drank
C. which I drank it
D. I drank
22.The week ____ Mike went to camping was the wettest of the year.
23. Which is the European country ____ economy is growing the
24. Martin is someone with ____ I usually agree.
25. Melanie was looking after a dog ____ leg had been broken in an
26. I'd like to see the photo ____________ .
B. you took it
C. that you took
D. that you took it
27.There are people __________ no one cares.
A. about which B. who
C. for whom D. to whom
28. That is a problem, ____________ the government is now dealing.
A. to which
B. with which
C. with how D. which
29. It rained all the time, __________ was a great pity.
30. The Titanic,_________ , was supposed to be unsinkable.
A. that sinking in 1922
B. which sank in 1922
C. sink in 1922
D. that sank in 1922
31. Is that the lawyer to ___________ you spoke?
32. ____ are kept as pets in almost every country in the world.
A. Cats and dog which
B. which cats and dogs
C. Cats and dogs
D. That cats and dogs
33. The book __________ my father is interested is very expensive.
A. in which
B. which in
D. in that
34. I enjoy taking a walk at night __________ the roads are quiet.
35. My car broke down, ____________ a real nuisance.
A. that was
B. which was
C. which were D. where was
36. Do you remember the day __________ into this house?
A. that we moved
B. when we moved
C. where we moved
D. A and B
37. The reason _______ I'm phoning you is to invite you to my
38. The house _______ he lives is very old.
C. in which D. then
39.I recently went back to the village school _______I studied in my
40. The girl living next to me is getting married next year.
A. The girl that lives next to me is getting married next year.
B. The girl lives next to me is getting married next year.
C. The girl lives next to me gets married next year.
D. The girl who is living next to me getting married next year.
41. "Is this the address to _________ you want the package sent ?"
42."Excuse me, but there is something about _____ immediately."
A.which I must speak to you
B.which I must speak to you
C. that I must speak to you about D. that I must speak to you
43. Most folk songs are ballads ____ have simple words and tell
44. A battery is a device _________ electricity by chemical means.
A. it produces
B. by which production of
D. which produces
45 I have three brothers, _________ are policemen.
A. that all of them
B. who they all
C. all of whom
D. who all of them
46. The agreement ended 6 -month negotiation. It was signed
A.The agreement which ended 6-month negotiation was signed
B.The agreement which was signed yesterday lasted 6-month.
C.The negotiation which lasted six month was signed yesterday.
D.The agreement which was signed yesterday ended 6-month
47. The novel "Tom Sawyer", ______ was written by Mark Twain, is my
48. Everything ______ they said was true.
49. Yesterday she had to do a difficult English test for ______ she did
50. _______ was a French Emperor, fought his final battle in Waterloo.
A. Napoleon Bonaparte who
C. Napoleon Bonaparte, that
B. Napoleon Bonaparte, who
D. Napoleon Bonaparte,
51. Vicky, __________ name was missed off the list, wasn’t very
52. The new computer system _____________ for the post office will
accounts to be managed over the Internet.
C. designed D.which designing
53. Many forest fires are caused by cigarettes ___________ out of
A. are throwing B. have thrown C. throw
54. The man_________ part in the robbery refused to give any
C. to take
D. who take
55. The travel agent gave me a brochure _______ all the needed
C.containing D.which contain
56.I read `The Old Man and the Sea ’, ________written by Ernest
A. a novel
B. that is a novel C. which
D. which has
57. Who is it_________is waiting at the gate?