E N G L IS H 7
By: Le Viet Phu
Hobby is an activity done regularly
in one's leisure time for pleasure.
MY FAVOURITE HOBBIES
- upstairs /ˌʌpˈsteəz /
- trên lầu, tầng trên
- sở thích
- hobby /ˈhɒbi / (n)
- bất thường, lạ
- unusual /ʌnˈjuːʒʊəl / (a) thường
- guess / ɡes / (v)
- đoán, phỏng đoán
- occasion /əˈkeɪʒnn̩ / (n) - dịp, cơ hội
- challenging / tʃæləndʒɪŋ - thách thức
to our house!
E: Come upstairs! I'll show you my room.
M: Wow! You have so many dolls.
E: Yes. My hobby is collecting dolls. Do you have a hobby?
M: I like collecting glass bottles.
E: Really? That's very unusual. Is it expensive?
M: Not at all, I just keep the bottles after we use them. What
about doll collecting? Is it expensive?
E: I guess so, but all of my dolls are presents. My parents, and
my aunt and uncle always give me dolls on special occasions.
M: Your dolls are all very different.
E: Yes, they're from all over the world!
N: I don't know why girls collect things. It's a piece of cake.
M: Do you have a difficult hobby, Nick?
N: Yes, I enjoy mountain climbing.
M: But Nick, there are no mountains around here!
a. Are the sentences below true (T) or false (F).
1. Elena's room is on the first floor.
They go upstairs to her room.
2. There are a lot of dolls in Elena's
aunt and uncle.
usually give her
b. Answer the questions.
1. When does Elena receive dolls from her family
- On special occasions.
2. Are her dolls the same?
- No, they aren't.
3. How does Mi collect bottles?
- She just keeps the bottles after they use them.
4. Does Mi think collecting bottles cost much money?
- No, she doesn't.
5. Has Nick climbed mountains in other countries?
- No, he hasn't.
2. Listen and repeat:
- arranging flowers
- taking photos
- playing the guitar
3. Choose the words/ phrases in 2 that match the pictures
below. Write them in the spaces.
board games 2. _____________
playing the guitar
arranging flowers 9. skating
4. Work in pair and complete the tables below. Do
you think the hobbies in 3 are cheap or expensive,
easy or difficult.
playing board games,
playing the guitar,
gardening, cycling, ...
5. Game: FIND SOMEONE WHO . . .
a. In three - five minutes, ask as many classmates
as you can about which hobbies from 3 they
like. Use the question 'Do you like …?'
A: Do you like gardening?
B: No, I don’t.
b. In the table below, write your classmates’
names beside the hobbies they like. The
student with the most names wins.
Find someone who likes …
playing the guitar
playing board games
- Learn the new words by heart.
- Practice the dialogue again.
- Do exercises B1,2,3 in workbook
- Prepare for Unit 1: Closer look 1.