Phòng Giáo dục& Đào tạo Hiệp Hòa
Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi cấp huyện
năm học 2007 2008
Mụn: Ting Anh lp 8
Thời gian làm bài: 150 phút (không kể thời gian giao đề)
L u ý:
- Tập đề thi này gồm 4 trang. Học sinh không làm bài vào tập đề thi này
- Học sinh không đợc sử dụng bất cứ tài liệu nào, kể cả từ điển.
Họ tên học sinh dự thi:.
I. cho dng ỳng ca ng t trong ngoc hon thnh mi cõu sau.
1. Look! The plane (fly).toward the airport. It (land).
2. How often Lien (practice)..the piano in the club? She (go)there twice a
3. I( not like).volleyball. so I ( not learn) to play it.
4. At present we (rehearse)..a play. Nam ( play)the flute.
5. We (see) a movie tomorrow. You (join).us.
II. Chn ỏp ỏn ỳng hon thnh mi cõu sau:
1. I dont want much sugar in my coffee. Just.., please.
a. few b. little c. a little d. a few
2. On the tatle, there were vegetables, bread and two large..
a. a bowl of soup b. bowls of soups c. bowl of soups d. bowls of soup
3. My brother doesnt like pork and
a. either do I b. neither do I c. neither I do d. I dont, too
4. Trung ..a box of chocolate.
a. often gives Chi b. gives often Chi c. often Chi gives d. to Chi often gives
5. If she eats all that food, she eats.
a. too much b. too many c. quite much d. quite many
6. What about.. to dinner with me?
a. come b. coming c. to come d. comes
7. I have enough food in the house, so I neednt..to the shops tomorrow.
a. to go b. will go c. go d. going
8. He was only thirteen, but he ate..his father did.
a. as much as b. more that c. much that d. as much than
9. I divided the sweets..several boys.
a. during b. between c. into d. among
10.May I have.sugar?
a. one b. a c. some d. many
III. Cho dạng đúng của từ trong ngoặc:
1. After his parents died, he was sent to an….. (orphan)
2. Some of my…..are going to my birthday party (class)
3. Huy makes friends very easily because he is very…..(social)
4. We like our math teacher for his sense of …..(humorous)
5. Is this bag big enough for these……(grocer)
6. He is the most respected person in my …….(neighbor)
7. Tam and Quang rarely talk freelt about themselves. They’re very….(reserve)
IV. Hãy điền từ thích hợp vào chô trống để hoàn thành đoạn văn sau:
Next summer, I’m going to have a really great vacation. Of course I……(1)
have to save up for it and go withuot some luxuries, because otherwise I won’t be
(2)…..to afford it. I haven’t decided (3)……I’m going to go yet. On the one hand it
would be nice to go somewhere warm and sunny where I can lie(4)….the beach all
day. On the (5)……hand I may get bored with that, (6)……it may be better to
choose a more active vacation. The important thing (7)…..to have a real change
from routine. While I’m way, I’ll (8)…..you a postcards.
V. Mỗi câu dượi đây có một lỗi sai, tìm và sửa lỗi.
1. My nesghtbor must having a lot of money because they’re always taking
2. The children shouldn’t take that medicine, and she shouldn’t, too.
3. There is new Oriental restaurant in townm, isn’t it?
4. We like to swim in the poor, and Henry does so.
5. If they are going to have enough money they are going to abroad this
6. I think I go out of a walk soon.
7. Hurry up! We don’t have many times before the strain start.
8. I don’t know what I am doing tomorrow, I may don’t stay at home, I may go
to the beach.
Answer: 1 5
VI. Hãy đọc đoạn văn sau và điền từ đúng true (T) hoặc sai false (F) vào mỗi
câu sau đây.
Flat for sale
This large flat is on the top floor of a five-storey modern block of flats a
quiet part of the country. There are two schools, a restaurant and several shop
nearly. Wetton station is only a few hundred meters away. The flat has got a large
living room, a dinning room, a modern kitchen, a large bedroom and two small
bedrooms. There is a bathroom with a shower, sink and toilet. The flat has also got a
small store room, and there is a large verandah. The price is £ 44,590 including
1. The flat is old and noisy.
2. It is on the first floor.
3. Near the flat there are two schools.
4. There is a dinning room but there isn’t a living room.
5. There is a shower in the bathroom.
6. There is railway station near the flat.
7. The flat costs less than £ 45,000.
8. You must pay extra (trả thêm) for the carpets.
VII. Dùng từ gợi ý viết lại những câu sau, sao cho nghiã của câu không thay
1. What was your weight last time?
-> How much…….
2. How nice Christmas is!
3. What was the matter with her?
4. How long is this road?
5. Listening to music at home is more interesting than going to the concert.
-> I prefer………..
6. We didn’t enjoy the trip because of the heavy rain
-> The heavy rain prevented ……
7. You shouldn’t eat too many candies ->
8. He is slower and more careful drives than I am
-> He drives……
9. The visitor spoke so quickly that I couldn’t understand what she said
-> The visitor spoke too………
VIII. Hãy sắp xếp các từ gợi ý để thành một câu hoàn chỉnh.
1. summer/ where/ go/ holiday/ you/ may/ for/ your?
2. blouse/ that/ please/ would/ red/ show/ you/ me?
3. someday/ will/ London/ I/ to/ able/ go/ be/ I/ to/ think
4. worries/ holiday/ going/ after/ is/ on/ is/ family/ when/ the/ house/ look/ her/
to/ who/ Mary.
5. either/ sister/ I/ well/my/ can/ and/ sing/ can’t
6. high/ 8848 meters/ is/ Mountain/ Everest.
7. coat/ much/ big/ this/ blue/ is/ how?
8. leave/ her/ she/ come/ we/ doesn’t/ will/ if/ without
IX. Hãy ghép câu ở cột A với câu thích hợp ở cột B.
1. I’d like some roses, please. a. How big a bunch would you like?
2. A stamp for England, please. b. Yes, of course. Here you are.
3. I’m afraid of I can’t come this evening c. Neither do I
4. Is it going to rain tonight? d. Do you want to send it by airmail?
5. I hope the weather will get better. e. Because they’re usually borring.
6. Why don’t listen to some new
f. I hope not
7. I don’t like rock music. g. So do I
Would you please show mw a box of
h. Oh dear! What a pity!
X. Hãy điền một giới từ thích hợp vào chỗ trống.
1. The young pioneers raise money…………..planting vegetables and raising
2. There’s nothing wrong………this pen. It write well.
3. It’s interesting to travel………sea……….hot summer days.
4. Our aunt lives……..a small town, about 100 km……………our city. Last year
she stayed…………..us……….a whole month.