TẬP HỢP BT HK1
1. A. exchange
2. A. hour
4. A. water
5. A. lonely
6. The “ ------------- ” is often celebrated on people’s 25th wedding anniversaries.
A . Golden Anniversary
B. Diamond Anniversary
C . Cotton Anniversary
D. Silver Anniversary
7. Your friendship should be based on ……………. trust.
8. Big Brother is a…………organization which helps boys who no longer have fathers.
9. A(n) ……………is a person who is killed because of their political beliefs.
10. The English competition was …………by the Students' Parents Society.
11. My boss made me ………my report again because he wasn’t satisfied with it.
B. to do
12. I was delighted………………………my old friends again.
C. to see
D. to seeing
13. The earth…………………..around the sun.
C. has gone
D. is going
14. There was complete silence in the room…………..said………………
A. no one/nothing
B. no one/anything
C. anyone/anything D. anyone/nothing
15. When it……………………..to rain, they………………………through the forest.
A. started/ walked
B. was starting/ were walking
C. was starting/ walked
16. If the weather is nice, we………………….for a picnic.
A. will go
B. would go
D. would have gone
17. I apologized ........................ the book at home.
A. for leaving
B. to leaving
D. to leave
18. The new students hope………………..……..in many of the school’s social activities.
B. being included
C. to include
D. to be included
19. ………….for twelve hours, I felt marvelous.
A. Have slept
B. Having slept
C. Having been slept D. have been slept
20. The material …………..softer than anything, she had ever touched before.
B. has left
D. had left
Lisa is seven years old today, and her parents hold a (21)---------------- for her. On the table there
is a birthday (22) -------- which there are seven colourful (23) ------------sitting in the middle of the
cake. People sing “Happy birthday” to Linda. When they finish singing, she(24)----------- the
candles on the cake then she cuts the cake to serve the guests. After that, she happily opens her
birthday cards and (25)----------that her relatives and friends give her.
21. A. birthday party
B. house-warming party C. farewell party
D. wedding pary
22 . A. bread
23. A. gifts
24 A. blows out
B. pulls out
C. picks out
D. takes out
25. A. parents
Reading comprehension: Đọc đoạn văn và chọn đáp án đúng nhất:
One warm spring day, Mrs. Baker went to the park near her house. She sat down on a park
bench and started to read a letter from her daughter, Karen. Karen and her husband, John and
their two children, Ken and Kathy, were on Florida on vacation for two weeks. Karen said that
they were having a wonderful time, and she sent some postcards in the letters. The postcards
showed pictures of Florida.
Mrs.Baker smiled as she read the letter again. She was happy that they were having a good time.
While she was reading, a man came and sat down at the other end of the bench. He opened his
newspaper and began to read.
Suddenly the postcards blew out of Mrs.Baker’s hand and fell on the ground. They started to
blow away. Mr Mark Baker quickly reached down and helped Mrs.Baker pick them up. Mrs.
Baker thanked him and showed him the postcards. They introduced themselves. It was the
beginning of a very pleasant friendship.
26. Mrs Baker was…………………………………….
A. at home reading her letter
B. in the park reading her letter
C. in the park reading her newspaper
D. in the park reading her book
27. What happened ?
A. The letter blew onto the ground.
B. The newspaper blew onto the ground.
C. The postcards blew onto the ground.
D. Her hat blew onto the ground.
28. What did Mr.Marks do ?
A. He continued reading his newspaper
B. He pick them up and looked at them
C. He reached down and helped Mrs.Baker pick up the postcards
D. He got up and went home
29. After Mr. Mark helped Mrs. Baker pick up the postcards…………………..
A. they went to the movie.
B. they introduced themselves, and they began to talk.
C. she thanked him and then she went home.
D. he continued reading his newspaper.
30. The story ends with …………………………………..
A. a letter
B. a postcard
C. a love
D. a friendship
31.I couldn’t fit all the boxes in the car, so I have to leave ones behind and pick it up later.
32.Joyce thanked us inviting them to dinner and said that they wanted to have us over for dinner
33.I expected to invite to the party, but I wasn’t.
34.The police warned everybody for walking alone at night.
35. If the doctor was called earlier, Mary would still be alive today.
36 'It was nice of you to invite me to your birthday party. Thanks very much.” Mike said to me
A. Mike thanked me to invite him to my birthday party.
B. Mike thanked me for inviting him to my birthday party.
C. Mike thanked me to inviting him to my birthday party.
D. Mike thanked me inviting him to my birthday party.
37. 'I hear you won the championship. Congratulations!' Dane said to me
A. Dane congratulated me winning the championship.
B. Dane congratulated me to winning the championship.
C. Dane congratulated me to win the championship.
D. Dane congratulated me on winning the championship.
38. “I will come to see you if I have time,” the man said to her.
A. The man told her that he would come to see her if he had time.
B. The man told her that he will come to see her if he has time.
C. The man told her that he would not come to see her if he had time.
D. The man told her that he would have come to see her if he had had time.
39. “I’d have been in bad trouble if Jane hadn’t helped me,” he said.
A. He said that he would be in bad trouble if Jane hadn’t helped me.
B. He said that he will be in bad trouble if Jane doesn’t help me.
C. He said that he would have been in bad trouble if Jane hadn’t helped him.
D. He said that he would be in bad trouble if Jane didn’t help me.
40. Jack was late for the meeting because his watch was slow.
A. If Jack’s watch wasn’t slow, he wouldn’t be late for the meeting.
B. If Jack’s watch hadn’t been slow, he wouldn’t have been late for the meeting.
C. If Jack’s watch hadn’t been slow, he would have been late for the meeting.
D. If Jack’s watch had been slow, he would have been late for the meeting.