EXERCISES FOR ERROR IDENTIFICATION
Exercise 1. Subject and verb agreement
1. The study of languages are very interesting.
2. Today the number of people enjoying winter sports are almost double that of twenty years ago.
3. Every student in my class are good at English.
4. Air pollution, together with littering, are causing many problems in our large, industrial cities today.
5. Drug abuse have become one of America’s most serious social problems.
6. The threat of being dismissed do not worry me any more because I have started my own business.
7. Mrs. Stevens, along with her cousins from New Mexico, are planning to attend the festivities.
8. If either of you take a vacation, we will not be able to finish the work.
9. Neither John nor his friends is going to the beach today.
10. Mary and her friends is going to a party tonight.
11. Mary as well as her friends are going to a party tonight.
12. Neither of his pens are able to be used.
13. A number of students is going to the class picnic.
14. Everybody want to buy a ticket for this live show.
15. The boys winning the first prize in the contest was very happy.
Exercise 2. Checking word form/choice
1. I have been working hardly for two weeks and now I feel like a rest.
2. He studied very hard, so he passed the exam easy.
3. Many species of wild animals would become extinction if people continued to cut down forests.
4. Some bacteria are extremely harmful, but others are regular used in producing foods
5. I think it’s importance for us to find solutions to our problem.
6. He answered those questions perfect because he was intelligent.
7. Heavy polluted factories will be closed down sooner or later.
8. The driver of the car was serious injured.
9. Bill is often late for class, which makes his teachers angrily.
10. I am surprising at how much he smokes; I’m not used to it.
11. He walked slowly because of his injuring legs.
12. Dogs that are trained to lead the blind must be loyalty, intelligent and calm.
13. Most of us were feeling sleepily at the meeting because the speaker had a very monotonous voice.
14. The more frequent you exercise, the greater physical endurance you will have.
15. Several people arrived too lately to be admitted to the performance.
Exercise 3. Checking tense of verb
1. We are going to visit our grandparents when we will finish our final exams.
2. By the time the police come the robber had run away.
3. He said that he has done his homework since 7 o'clock.
4. She has disappeared three days ago, and they are still looking for her now.
5. While you had been out , Tom came to see you .
6. He never goes home before he will finish his work.
7. Her last book is published in 20 languages years ago.
8. Take the raincoat with you in case it will rain.
9. They will give her the message as soon as she arrived.
10. Although it is raining heavily, he went out without a raincoat.
11. When I was a child, I was riding a bicycle to school everyday.
12. I can’t go out now because I didn’t finish my homework yet.
13. We had better wait here until the rain will stop.
14. When the film started, I ready arrived ten minutes before.
15. While Mary did the washing up, she broke a cup
16. She brought a lot of money with her so that she could bought some duty-free goods.
17. Have you ever read any novels writing by Jack London?
18. It is suggested that smoking should to be banned in pubs, restaurants, and other public places
19. On Saturdays, I enjoy to go to the concert with my friends.
20. Before to go out, remember to turn off the lights.
21. I'd rather to stay at home than go out at weekends.
22. That old building is going to be pull down by the workers.
23. They stopped to work because of hot weather.
24. We were advised not drinking the water in the bottle.
25. Isabel expected admit to the university, but she wasn’t.
26. Mary was determined to leave the office by 4:30 for catching the early train home.
27. Yuri Gagarin was the first man flying into space.
28. She was among the few who wanted to quit smoke instead of cutting down.
29. I used to getting up late when I was small.
30. Did Carol agree to go camp with you?
31. Eaten too many sweets may cause stomachache.
32. The result of that test must be inform before August.
33. It is believed that in the near future robots will be used to doing things such as cooking.
34. It is saying that the price of gold is going up.
35. She wanted to know how long it would take us getting there.
Exercise 4. Checking relative pronoun
1. Today the number of people whom enjoy winter sports is almost double that of twenty years ago.
2. The boy which was given the first prize in the contest was very happy.
3. Peter said that it was the boy which had stolen his suitcase.
4. Nguyen Du, that wrote "Kieu Story", was a great Vietnamese poet.
5. There's the woman who she sold me the handbag.
6. The company did not want to hire the man that experience was so limited.
7. There are also many single mothers and single fathers which are raising children by themselves.
8. I thanked the woman whom had helped me.
9. Do you like the building that windows are green?
10. The man was injured in the accident was taken to the hospital.
11. Is this the book you are looking for it?
12. This is the picture of the town where we visited last summer.
13. The story to that I listened yesterday was interesting
14. Peter, that works at the university, is my friend.
15. He told us about the hotel that he had stayed the previous summer.
Exercise 5. Checking preposition
1. Tom likes taking part sports, so he will join the football team of his school.
2. People consider it rude to point about anyone.
3. You have to study hard to keep pace in your classmates.
4. John's mother thought that chocolates were bad to him.
5. She is tired with doing the same thing everyday.
6. Instead of calling off the meeting, maybe we can just put it over until next month.
7. In the end of the party, Mary found herself washing the dishes alone again, as usual.
8. The children were frightened with the noise.
9. There is a severe famine in Somalia, and thousands of people are dying from hunger.
10. If you need to keep fit, then why not take on a sport such as badminton or tennis?
Exercise 6. Checking conditionals, comparisons
1. The weather is more hot than it was yesterday.
2. His health gets good and better because he does gymnastics regularly.
3. If I had enough money, I would have travelled around the world.
4. The older you are, the worst your memory is.
5. The early we leave, the sooner we will arrive.
6. The more I got to know them, the fewer I liked them.
7. Of the two sisters, Linda is the most beautiful.
8. He finished the test more rapidly of all in his class.
9. Jane is not more intelligent as her brother.
10. If it would be convenient, let’s go out for a drink tonight.
Exercise 7. Checking conjunctions
1. He has made a lot of mistakes in his writing because his carelessness.
2. They had to sell their house because of they needed money.
3. People are not allowed to enter the park after midnight because lack of security.
4. In spite of my father is old, he still goes to work.
5. In spite the danger, they managed to cross the river during the night.
6. We haven’t seen each other from we left school.
7. Although Nam worked very hard, but he didn’t pass the final exam.
8. Dinosaurs became extinct millions of years ago because of the earth's climate changed drastically.
9. It was not when he talked to her that he knew the truth.
10. Although taking a taxi, Bill arrived late for the concert.
11.When many of my friends take a shower in the morning, I usually take one before bed.
12. Although it was raining, Anna didn’t take her swimming lesson.
13. He got a job in a bank because he had no qualifications.
14. The boys were punished although they made many mistakes.
15.Thanks for the liberation of women, women can now take part in social activities.
Exercise 8. Checking articles, quantities
1. Peter earned a large number of money last year.
2. I’d like to go on a holiday , but I haven’t got many money.
3. We visited Canada and United States two years ago.
4. The teacher said that Peter had made much mistakes in his essays.
5. People respected him because he was a honest man.
6. I was amazed that Smith showed so few grief at his mother’s death.
7. How much times did Rich and Jennifer have to do the experiment?
8. We should manage, with a few of luck.
9. We had the dinner in a restaurant last night.
10. The server is designed to store huge numbers of data.
Exercise 9. Checking parallel
1. The puppy stood up slowly, wagged its tail, blinking its eyes, and barked.
2. Ecologists are trying to preserve our environment for future generations by protecting the ozone layer,
purifying the air, and have planted the trees that have been cut down.
3. The chief of police demanded from his assistants an orderly investigation, a well-written report, and
that they work hard.
4. Marcia is a scholar, an athlete, and artistic.
5. Slowly and with care, the museum director removed the Ming vase from the shelf and placed it on
the display pedestal.
6. The farmer plows the fields, plants the seeds and will harvest the crop.
7. Abraham Lincoln was a good president and was self-educated, hard working and always told the truth.
8. Children love playing in the mud, running through puddles and they get very dirty.
9. Collecting stamps, playing chess and to mount beautiful butterflies are derrick’s hobbies.
10. Despite America’s affluence, many people are without jobs, on welfare, and have a lot of debts.
Exercise 10. Other errors
1. Neither plants or animals can survive for very long without water.
2. The little boy's mother bought him a five-speeds racing bicycle for his birthday.
3. Jack London is known as one of the great novelist of the world.
4. My friend not only had excellent ideas but also he did a good job.
5. She worked too hard that she became ill.
6. It was such good book that I couldn’t put it down.
7. Robots in the home might not be enough creative to do the cooking, plan the meal and so on.
8. I’m not used to drive on the left.
9. This apprentice has spent two weeks to work on that new machine.
10. Jason’s professor had him to rewrite his thesis many times before allowing him to hand it in.
11. She wishes that we didn’t send her the candy yesterday because she’s on a diet.
12. The soup you made was too hot for me to eat it.
13. Man build the house and women do it home.
14. My mother is the person I often divide my secrets with.
15. International students should take full use of tutorial appointments.
Exercise 11. Mixed exercise
1.Neither his parents nor his teacher are satisfied with his result when he was at school.
2. The problems of pollution are too difficult for us to solving.
3. It requires to reading a foreign language quickly and well.
4.Working provide people with personal satisfaction as well as money.
5. She borrowed the money from the bank to continued her study.
6. Every student who majors in English are ready to participate in the oratorical.
7. She takes vitamins to felt heathier.
8. She left the house in a hurry without to say goodbye to us
9. It is very necessary for we to learn a foreign language nowadays.
10.The film is such interesting that I have ever seen it for three times.
11. I would rather doing any job than be out of work.
12. I don’t think he is in agree with what we are going to do.
13. In spite of my father is old , he gets up early and does morning exercise.
14. There is only a few food for dinner. I think you should buy some more to eat.
15.Although Mary has been in Vietnam for 5 years, but she knows little Vietnamese.
16. How many long did you stay in Vietnam during yout last summer holiday ?
17. My mother used to give me a good advice when I had a problem.
18. Has the government made a decide to ban the use of chemical weapon yet ?
19. Please give me few sugar in my coffee. I prefer it sweet.
20. He has a great deal of books most of which are on science and technology.
21. Why have you decided to quit your job and continue your study ?
I’m tired for work as a secretary.
22. There are much kinds of books in my school library,but readers cannot borrow them.
23. In my opinion, a most beautiful place in Vietnam is DaLat.
24. The workers went on strikes because of they thought their wages were low.
25. Did you say that you will have a lot of things to do the following week ?
26. Despite she was in her middle age, she looked very graceful and charming.
27. We have been making prepare for our final exammination for two months .
28. The police is looking for the bank robbers who stole a large sum of money from the bank.
29. Tom told his child not make noise when she was working.
30. Unless there had been a heavy storm, the climbers will not have died.
31. Unless you work harder, you will be sack because of your laziness.
32. David did wanted to become a technical teacher.
33. Please tell us the reason when he left without saying goodbye.
34. Bill said;”Tom, does come and have dinner with us this evening “.
35.It has ever been told that teaching is one of the more noble careers.
36. The mother asked her son if he would have the floor clean the day before.
37. She is the most beautiful girl who I have ever met.
38. Peter wished that he has gone to the party last week.
39. The students had thought that the English test was very difficulty.
40. Before went abroad, he had finished his English course at the English- speaking Center.
41. She always avoids to meet her boss, because she is afraid of him.
42. Conservation is the safeguarding and preservation of nature resources.
43. Conservation is also concerned for the reclaiming of land by irrigating deserts.
44. I wanted joining the police, but I wasn’t tall enough.
45.Do most boys and girls give a great deal of thought to their future employ ?
46. John, along with twenty friends are planning a party.
47. The picture of the soldiers bring back many memories.
48.Women nowadays have more free to participate in social activities.
49. These snakes will not cause you any serious harm. They are harmful.
50. English spoken in almost every corner of the world.
51. If I could speak two languages last years, I would have got a good job.
52.People spend a lot of money in advertising every year.
53. Would you mind showing me how working the lift?
54. The child is too young to take good care in himself.
55. “ Happy new year “, whose is a very popular song, is being sung.
56. We will go to see the film Titanic if the weather is fine or not.
57. Some of my friends are good at English while other are good at Mathematics.
58. When she heard the news, she got so a shock that she dropped her glass.
59. Two weeks are plenty of time to finish the assignment.
60. If the goal keeper had playing better, they would not have lost the game.
61. If today is Sunday, we would have a lot of fun at the camping site.
62. Would you mind to check the figures again ?
63. We left the hall quietly so that not to disturb the chairman.
64. Who was the first man to reaching the Everest ?
65. They will help you whenever you will ask them.
66. Knew that he was poor, I offered to pay his fare.
67. I am only interesting in what he did.
68. New York is the largest city where I have ever visited.
69. He is the man whom passport was stolen in California.
70. Peter can play table tennis better more than I can.
71. Peter succeeded in his work because of he had worked hard..
72. Jim has failed the examination. He is the baddest in our class.
73. The mathematics test was too difficult for us to solve it.
74. You had better working harder because the examination is coming.
75. How length is the river ? About 200 kilometres..
76. Minh Hanh, who is one of the most famous fashion- designers in Vietnam, are preparing for a new show.
77. The U S, that is one of the most powerful countries, decided to declare a war to Iraq.
78. A motion picture provides us with both entertainment but also knowledge.
79. Make a film needs the collaboration of many individuals.
80. Among my favourite film stars is Tom Cruise and Charlie Chapin.
bµi tËp söa lçi sai
1. We admired his way of do things very much.
2. You have to finish to write the report yourself.
3. I remember that I have something new to told you.
4. The president went fishing after he has finished his work.
5. The farmers need to rotated their crops.
6. A nonsmoker usually feels uncomfortably when someone is smoking in his house.
7. Unless it did not rain, Peter would pay us a visit.
8. Tom and his father plays tennis every afternoon with their friends.
9. Although it rained heavily, but I came to class in time.
10. Neither his parents nor his teacher are satisfied with his result.
11. If I had enough money, I would have bought that car today.
12. They have stopped to smoke because it may be bad for their health.
13. Mr. Jed, as well as, his assistants haven’t arrived yet.
14. The teacher was angry with his students because they didn’t do their homeworks.
15. The woman was too old that she could not run.
16. Never have they visit Effel Tower.
17. Daisy is one of the more intelligent students in my class.
18. Working provide people with personal satisfaction as well as money.
19. Each students has answered the first three questions.
20. I’m really excited going swimming with you.
21. All the foods which are preserved can keep their flavor.
22. Faraday’s father was so poor to send him to school.
23. Peter was said being the cleverest in his class when he was at school.
24. Today seems wonderfully for us to have a picnic.
25. Despite of the heavy rain, they decided to go.
26. Rarely he goes to church although he is a catholic.
27. Mathematics and physics isn’t easy subjects.
28. The child were told to apologize for being rude to his brother.
29. It’s very kind to you to help me.
30. Attending all the lectures are important to us.
31. He had smoked so a lot of cigarettes that he died of cancer.
32. Tell me the reason for why you were absent yesterday.
33. I suggest staying at home and watch television.
34. After eaten dinner, John wrote several letters and went to bed.
35. The furniture in my house are very beautiful.
36. Mary asked me when I have picked An up.
37. If the driver had seen the stop sign, the accident wouldn’t happen.
38. She left the house in hurry without saying goodbye to our.
39. She takes vitamins to felt healthier.
40. Please give me a few sugar in my coffee, I prefer it sweet.
41. I didn’t intention to make a long journey with her.
42. Although the bad traffic, I managed to arrived at the meeting on time.
43. In spite my father is old, he gets up early and does morning exercises.
44. He tells me he has been ill since he goes abroad.
45. She is surprising when she has heard that news.
46. We admired his way of do things very much.
47. I couldn’t see my parents anywhere and was real worried.
48. Never in my life I have seen such a big house.
49. The best- known members of the cabbage group includes head cabbage.
50. Americans are used to saying a few words before to express disagreement.
51. Driving on the left side of the road made Lan very surprising when she first visited London.
52. When I was young, I used to swimming every morning.
53. One of the girls who works for the company has been sacked.
54. Remember turning off the television when you leave.
55. He has so many money that he doesn’t know what to do with it.
56. Because they had spent too many time considering the new contract, the students lost the chance to
lease the apartment.
57. Mother’s Day is the day when children show their love on their mother on.
58. We are not used to drive on the left side of the road.
59. A person who try to get secret information about other countries is a spy.
60. Victor and her sister passed the exam last year. They were successfully candidates
61. Your work is so bad. Do you consider to get another job?
62. A child struck me when I entering the interviewing room.
63. When I arrived at the station, the train has already left.
64. The little boy is very interested in football, but is actually not good for playing.
65. It is very difficult for us to preventing forest fires during the drought.
66. We would love to have an opportunity of meet you again.
67. Before went abroad, he had finished his English course at the English Speaking Centre
68. She is the most beautiful woman who I have ever met.
69. He could not hide his anxious for the interview.
70. Most of our furnitures is in storage.
71. Is he a left- hand tennis player?
72. Jane had to get used to driver on the left.
73. John lived in New York since 1970 to 1980, but he is now living in London.
74. There were so much books on the shelf that I didn’t know which one to choose.
75. He was very surprised when he visited London, in that the drivers always drive on the left hand side of
76. Has the government made a decide to ban the use of chemical weapons yet?
77. My family spent such an interested holiday in Europe last summer.
78. Walk in the rain helps him relax.
79. I have been working for this company 10 years ago.
80. A heavy storm swept through the village and many people killed.
81. Since I have come here last week, I haven’t phoned her.
82. What gases occur in the air?
83. Many people think that learning English is not easily.
84. I told them to obey the traffic law when traveled on the road.
85. If I had knew the time when the match started, I would have told you.
86. Most of the student in this class love their form teacher.
87. Every member of this club speaks English very well.
88. The seeing movies will broaden our knowledge about different lifestyles.
89. Have they planned on invest money in that project?
90. The only thing consider now is how to get away without being seen.
91. Did you say that you will have a lot of things to do the following week?
92. Would you mind give me a hand?
93. We go to school to enrich our mind with know.
94. Million of people who work in the city live in the surrounding suburbs.
95 The rain and the sun made the plants to grow quickly.
96 Many people are stopping to look in the bright store widows .
97. You’re used to do morning exercise every day, aren’t you?
98. The mother had always taken good care with her little son when he is sick.
99. To reduce pollution, we have to stop using many things that makes our life comfortable
100. It is very difficult for human beings fighting pollution.
101. Despite she was in her middle age, she looked very graceful and charming.
102. American man usually shake hands when they are introduced
103. Most women used to stay at home and done homework
104. Please arrive on time in order to we will be able to start the meeting punctually.
105. Most lasers are be used in medical and scientific fields.
106. Peter do hate fish. He never has fish for meals.
107. The houses along that street is for sale.
108. When Sam will arrive, we will open the gift.
109. The problems of pollution are too difficult for us to solving .
110. She left the party in a hurry without to say goodbye to us .
111. Please give me a few sugar in my coffee. I prefer it sweet.
112. Although the bad traffic, I managed to arrive at the meeting on time.
113. It is necessary for we to learn a foreign language nowadays.
114.The headmaster of our school have been very busy since he returned from Hanoi.
115. In many ways, riding a bicycle is similar with driving a car.
116. A friend of mine used to smoking a lot when he was young.
117. Time goes down quickly when we are busy working.
118. Peter didn’t buy that computer because he had few money.
119. The man whom helped you yesterday is a television reporter.
120. Measles are one of the infectious diseases that children get.
121. Each students has answered the first three questions.
122. Next Sunday seems perfect with the picnic.
123. The mixture looks rather dry. Maybe you should add a few water.
124. Although the bad traffic, I managed to arrive at the meeting on time.
125. The president went fishing after he has finished his work.
126. My father along with his friend are drinking tea in the living room.
127. He has least friends in his class now than he had last year.
128. It’s important for every students to have a book.
129. Had I heard the news last night, I would tell you about it.
130. He stopped to smoke because cigarettes are harmful to his health.
131. It’s no use to advise him to stop smoking.
132. Living in the city is more comfortably than in the country.
133. They aren’t used to walk in the rain.
134. He hurried in order to be not late for school.
135. The lesson is too difficult for us to understand it.
136. She feels very happily with the final resutl.
137. Though he loves her very much , but he can’t talk to her about his feeling.
138. Can you tell me the country where was she born ?
139. Do they look worried with the interview ?
140. He was surprising with the bad news.
141 Reading several books on that subject, Bill considered himself an expert.
142. Ralph wishes that he went to the bank this morning before he went to work.
143. The company did not want to hire a man that his experiment was so limited.
144. Mrs. Alien was concerned about me having to drive so far every day.
145. They who arrive early will get the best selection of seats.
146. The doctor advised doing exercise, drinking milk, and not to smoke.
147. A laser vaporizes the bone without touch any of the surrounding tissue.
148. It believes that our lives will be better in the future.
149. It was so an exciting novel that I do not want to stop reading it.
150. Not only the students but also the teacher are worried about the exam results.
bµi tËp söa lçi sai
1: I used to getting up late when I was small.
2: If I had money, I will buy a car
3: She left her house in a hurry without to say goodbye to us
4: This in the place which I was born and grew up.
5: She isn’t old enough to done this job.
6.If you listen to the questions carefully, you would answer them easily
7. Can you tell me the country where was she born ?
8. She is surprising when she has heard the news.
9. Have you finished reading the book which I give you last week?
10. We are interested in read newspapers everyday.
11. His best movie, that won several awards, was about the life of Grandhi.
12. We are going to study tonight until we will finish this chapter
13. How many students there are in your class ?
14. He studies very hard so that he can to pass his final exam next month.
15. The painting Sun Flower, which painted by Van Gogh, was stolen many times
16. To planting trees is a custom of Vietnamese people during Tet holiday.
17. We had better to review this lesson carefully because we will have some questions on it.
18. Huong used to living in Hanoi, but her job required her to move to another city.
19. Fresh air and regular exercise are great of use to our health.
20. What you would do if you could speak French well?
21. Both doctors and psychiatrists try to stop people from smoke, but they are not successful.
22. If he weren’t too old, he would apply to the job as a war reporter.
23. One of the best ways to stay healthy are to do exercises every morning.
24. If the doctors could find in the remedy, a lot of people would be saved.
25. I have to thank you for help me so much while I was in hospital.
26. If she bought that house now, she ran out of money.
27. Men will continue to live on foods unless other types of protein are not found.
28.When Newton was 22, he began study the theory of gravitation.
29. The painting, Sun Flower, which painted by Van Gogh, was stolen many times.
30. Einstein’s theory of relativity is well – knew all over the world.
31. Anna Robertson Moses, Who was also known as Grand Moses, is considered one of the greatest female
artist of US. Art.
32. She can play the piano more good than her sister.
33. Would you mind lend me your motorbike until next week?
34. It spent me thirty minutes to clean the floor.
35. She is tired with being asked the same things every day.
36. The boy is very young to drive that lorry.
37. It’s Germanic language which forms the basis of modern English.
38. It has been a long time when we talked to Tom.
39. They speak more directly as people in the North.
40. The scientist whom was doing a research on biology was a great one.
41. You needn’t to make an appointment to see the bank manager.
42. If you don’t want Sally to be angry with you, I suggested you apologise.
43. It was careful of you to leave the window open last night.
44. The train journey from London to Bristol take two hours.
45. George is not nearly as energetic than he used to be.
46. He can speak France well enough to go to the conference.
47. If only you had tried harder, you might pass the exam.
48. She was dismissed because her typing was poorly.
49. She doesn’t know the difference between margarine with butter.
50. The man in which painting bears a strong resemblance to my uncle.
51. Karajan was the first person recognizing her extraordinary musical gift.
52. Its lack of irregular verbs makes Esperanto an unique language.
53. Perhaps no one will ever know what did happened that fateful night.
54. There was another revolutionary in microchip technology in 1971.
55. No one stands a chance of beating Mansell in this year’s champion.
56. If he had done his homework, his parents might have let him to go to the party.
57. In the event, the extra insurance we took out wasn’t be necessary.
58. He speaks more persuasive than his brother does.
59. He forgotten about the gun until he got home.
60. Alan worked too hard at the office, and this led to his ill.
61. I haven’t enjoyed myself so many for years.
62. Immediately after his arrival, things went to wrong.
63. You can eat as much as you like at the newly lunch-bar.
64. MRS. Stevens, along with her cousins from New Mexico, are planning to attend the festivities.
65. Hung Yen has long been well - known for it’s excellent longan fruits
66. As soon as we’ve finished supper, we’ll all go to downtown to see our friends
67. The 6 - year - old boy resembles to his mother some what more than does his older brother
68. I want to live for hundred years.
69. Visitors may realize that even though they cant make their homes in Da Lat city, they can take
away with them memories of their beauty.
70. His long-suffered parents are always ready to help him whenever he is in trouble.
71. Bells told people of happy events, such as weddings and born or, sometimes had to announce unpleasant
events such as a death
72. Everyday in summer, but especially at the weekends, all kinds of vehicles bring crowds of people to enjoy
the various attraction.
73. The young are thought to be the future leaders of the country, and it is essential that they should
understand their heritage as full as possible.
74. John announced that he could not longer tolerate the conditions of the contract under which he was
75. Mary was determined to leave the office by 4:30 for catching the early train home.
76. Their free trip, which they won on a television game show, include four days in London and a week in
77. I want to live for hundred years.
78. The little boys mother bought him a five - speeds racing bicycle for his birthday.
79. There is a severe famine in Somalia , and thousands of people are dying from hungry
80. When many of my friends take a shower in the morning, I usually take one before bed.
81. In our country the birth of a girl is not welcomed with an enthusiasm equal to a boy.
82. The lady who had invited us heard me telling my wife the dinner terrible, so I was embarrassed.
83. The threat of being dismissed do not worry me any more because I have started my own business.
84. We educate our children as well as we can, because an educational population is the key to future.
85. The more frequent you exercise, the greater physical endurance you will have.
86. It is believed that in the near future robots will be used to doing things such as cooking.
87. Robots in the home might not be enough creative to do the cooking, plan the meal and so on.
88. It is becoming extremely difficult to grow enough to feed the worlds rapidly increased population.
89.The officials object to them wearing long dresses for the inaugural dance at the county club.
90. Janet is finally used to cook on an electric stove after having a gas one for so long.
91. He knows to repair the carburetor without taking the whole car apart.
92. Stuart stopped to write his letter because he had to leave for the hospital.
93. She must retyping the report before she hands it in to the director of financing.
94. How much times did Rick and Jennifer have to do the experiment before they obtained the results they
had been expecting.
95. Each of the students in the accounting class has to type their own research paper this semester.
96. Mrs. Stevens, along with her cousins from New Mexico, are planning to attend the festivities.
97. They are going to have to leave soon and so do we.
98. Dresses, skirts, shoes and children’s clothing are advertised at great reduced prices this week.
99. Neither(A) his parents nor(B) his teacher are(C) satisfied with his result when he was at high school.
100. The furniture(A) in my grandmother’s(B) houses are(C) very beautiful(D).
101. Either(A) the doctor or(B) the nurses takes(C) care of(D) the patients.
102. It requires(A) practice to reading(B) a foreign language quickly(C) and well(D).
103. Working(A) provide(B) people with(C) personal satisfaction as well as(D) money .
104.My computer helps(A) me manage my time better, but it is not as personal like a phone call.
105. When young(A), my mother had to(B) work very hardly(C) to earn(D) money.
106. The first(A) postage stamps(B) issued(C) in New York City in(D) 1842.
107. Ho Chi Minh city, which named is after(B) president Ho Chi Minh, is(C) quite a young city(D).
108. That is(A) Mr Anderson, whom(B) taught me the first(C) lessons of computer skills(D).
109. His(A) grandmother and his uncle took care for(B) him after(C) his parents died(D).
110. Every human typically(A) have(B) twenty-three pairs of(C) chromosomes in most(D) cells.
111. He stopped to smoke(A) because it is(B) harmful(C) for(D) his health.
112. Not everyone(A) realizes that(B) the most largest(C) organ of the human(D) body is the skin.
113.(A) Many teachers have devoted (B) their lives (C) to teaching (D) therefore teaching is not a well-paid
114.People (A) depend unlimited (B) energy to power (C) their everyday (D) lives.
115.Lack o f(A) properly physical exercise (B) can cause (C) tiredness and (D) poor general health.
116.They are (A) going to build (B) the town square (C) next this (D) area
117.The train will (A) be leaving (B) on five minutes (C) so you’d (D) better hurry up
118. (A) The most you (B) learn, (C) the more knowledge (D) you get.
119. You are reminded (A) once again (B) of the author's love (C) of (D) a sea.
120. They (A) can speak English and (B) use a computer (C) so as to they (D) can easily get a good job.