REVISION FOR THE SECOND TERM TEST – GRADE 11
1. a. cats
2. a. walks
3. a. biscuits
4. a. tells
5. a. chemists
6. a. talked
7. a. worked
8. a. cooked
9. a. regarded
10. a. decided
11. a. depth
12. a. bother
13. a. this
14. a. month
15. a. thousand
II. VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR:
16. People are destroying the environment by adding ____ to it.
17. The Earth will be a planet where human beings, animals and plants live in peaceful _____.
18. We continue to ______rainforests and increase the dangers of global warming.
a. cut off
b. cut in
c. cut out
d. cut down
19. Dinosaurs became ____ millions of years go.
20. The war brought death and ______ to the city.
21. Are there any ______ rivers left in the world?
22. The waste from the chemical factory is extremely ______.
23. How many sports are there______the 14 ASEAN Games?
24. Do you know when the 2006 Asian games took place?
25. Only 489 athletes took part in the 1 Asian Games.
a. participated in
b. got rid of
c. gave up
d. added to
26. Korea was chosen tobe______of the 2002 Asian Games.
27. After the accident he lost his______for the sport.
28. The Asian games take______ every four years for the countries in the Asia to compete.
29. Swimming is one of the ______ sport.
30. ______can help an athlete to improve the strength of muscles and the appearance of the
b. Table tennis
d. Playing chess
31. He rang James, _______ a good friend as well as his trainer.
a. who was
b. that was
d. to be
32. _______ came from France were reallymore friendly than any others.
a. The athletes, that
b. The athletes whom
c. The athletes who
d. The athletes which
33.The official, _______ the drug was found, has been arrested.
a. in whose car
b. in which car
c. car in which
d. in that car
34. The boy are talking about the exciting match_______ on TV.
b. they saw
c. whom they saw d. to see
35. Thousands of people_______ along the road watched the bicycle racing.
b. that stand
36. The death of his son was an experience from_______ he never fully recovered.
37. The songs to _______ I listened last night were really interesting.
38. Who will be the second Vietnamese _______ into space?
A. to fly
B. are flown
C. to be flown
D. who fly
39. Do you know the English student _______ with Thanh Thuy?
B. who is talking
C. who talking D. Both A and B
40. I think Hoang Thai An will be one of the first students_______ gold medal in running.
A. to be awarded
C. having awarded
D. is awarded
41. The boy _______ I borrowed this pen lives next to my door.
A. from that
D. from whom
42. Each country sends its best athletes _______ participation expresses the friendship and
43. The fence _______ my house was made of wood.
A. to surround
B. which surrounds
D. which surrounding
44. I have a lot of things ________ .
B. which do
C. to do
D. which is done
45. The first person ________ the classroom last Monday might know the reason.
B. to enter
C. who enters
D. whom enters
46. Elvis Presley, ____________died in 1977, earned millions of dollars.
47. Do you know that environmentalist _________?
A. with whom I used to work
C. with I used to work
B. with that I used to work
D. with who I used to work
48. The scientist produced a working model_______ reliable tests could be conducted.
A. on that
C. for which
D. on which
49. She isn’t the last person_______ the program
A. to sponsor
B. who she sponsored C. sponsoring
50. We thoroughly enjoyed the music_______ at the concert last night
A. which heard
B. we heard
C. that is heard
D. what we heard
51. Did you get the message _______ the special meeting ?
A. that concerning
C. which it concerned D. to concern
52. Peter was the last applicant _______ by that interviewer.
A. to interview
B. interviewing C. to be interviewing D. to be interviewed
53. The brown hat was the one _______ Mrs. Jenny left in the class today.
54. Jim and Paul were the two men _______ on Mr. Smith’s roof.
B. to work
D. who were working
55. Have you read any novels _______ by Shakespeare?
56. The woman _______ son is studying in my college class is a famous doctor in this city.
57. Uncle Ho is a person to _______ Vietnamese people owe the most.
58. - Tam: “ We should use public transportation to protect our environment.”
- Hoa: “_______!”
A. Absolutely! There’s no doubt about it B. Yes, it’s a stupid idea
C. Well, that’s very surprising
D. No, I can’t agree with you more
59. - Viet: “I think water power can be an alternative source of energy.”
- Nam: “_______ . It is not only infinite but also clean and safe to the environment. ”
A. No, I can’t agree with you more
C. Yes. That’s right
B. You’re welcome
D. Oh, thank you
60. - Mai: “_______? ”
- Hoa: “ I like collecting coins”.
A. What is your hobby
C. What is coins
B. Do you like collecting coins
D. Are you collecting coins
61. Mai: Let’s learn English!
A. No, that’s a good idea
C. Ok. Let’s do that
B. Yes, but I can’t
D. No, I can’t agree with you more
62. By the time the police_______, the thieves _______ the stolen money.
A. arrived/ hid B. arrived/ had hidden C. had arrived/ had hidden D. was arrived/ had been
63. I was tired. If I _______ some food , I _______ hungry.
A. had/ would not be
B. had had/ would not have been
C. have/ will not be
D. had/ would not have been
64. We _______since we _______ school.
A. haven’t met/ levave B. met/ left
C. haven’t met/ left D. don’t meet/ leave
65. Up to now, there _______ 17 Asian Games events.
A. has been
C. have been
66. The 17 Asian Games _______ in Korea in 2014.
A. was held
C. were held
D. are held
67. Jim_______ to his girlfriend on the phone when I_______ in.
A. talked/ came
B. talked/ was coming
C. was talking/ was coming
D. was talking/ came
68. You are playing some music, and it sounded familiar.
A. The music, you were playing, sounded familiar.
B.The music with which you were playing sounded familiar
C. The music sounded familiar which you were playing.
D. The music you were playing sounded familiar.
69. The students are happy. They won the poetry contest.
A. The students won the poetry contest are happy.
B. The students which won the poetry contest are happy.
C. The students who won the poetry contest are happy.
D. The students who won the poetry contest they are happy.
70. Do you know the man working in the laboratory over there?
A. Do you know the man that working in the laboratory over there?
B. Do you know the man who is working in the laboratory over there?
C. Do you know the man works in the laboratory over there?
D. Do you know the man whom working in the laboratory over there?
71. The house I was born and grew up was destroyed in an earthquake 10 years ago.
A. I was born and grew up in the house destroyed in an earthquake 10 years ago.
B. I was born and grew up in the house was destroyed in an earthquake 10 years ago.
C. The house was destroyed that I was born and grew up in an earthquake 10 years ago.
D. The house was destroyed in which I was born and grew up an earthquake 10 years ago.
72. John Smith is a farmer. I bought his land.
A. John Smith, whose land I bought, is a farmer.
B. John Smith, who is a farmer, whose land I bought.
C. John Smith, whom I bought his land, is a farmer.
D. John Smith, a farmer, bought his land.
73. The man who son is my best friend gave me a new computer.
74. The students waited for the bus under the terrible sun are getting late.
75. Do you get on with the woman whom lives next door?
76. I remembered the first May Day celebrate in England in 1890.
77. Are these the keys that you are looking for them.
78. _______ gave me that picture book.
B. It was Mary
C. It was Mary whom D. It was Mary whose
79. It is the library _______.
A. that I often borrow books
B. that I often borrow books from
C. where I often borrow books from
D. from that I often borrow books
80. It was our parents _______ us to study further.
A. who were encouraged B. that encourage
C. who encouraged D. that encouring
81. reading / help / widen my knowledge / relax / my free time
A. It is reading that helps me widen my knowledge and relax in my free time.
B. Reading that helps me widen my knowledge and relax in my free time.
C. It is reading helps me widen my knowledge and relax in my free time.
D. Reading it helps me widen my knowledge and relax in my free time.
82. I myself saw the ghost last night.
A. It am I that saw the ghost last night
C. It was me that saw the ghost last night
B. It is I that saw the ghost last night
D. It was I who saw the ghost last night
83. It was at the shop _______ she bought him a present.
84. I discovered my mistakes years later.
A. It is my mistakes that I didn’t discover years later.
B. It was my mistakes that discovered years later.
C. It was my mistakes that I discovered years later.
D. It was my mistakes that was discovered years later.
85. It was the houses _______
A. what were sold by the agent.
B. that were sold by the agent.
C. that the agent the agent sold.
D. that the agent was sold.
A. Combine the sentences using relative clauses:
1. Do you know the girl? Tom is talking to the girl.
2.I have a class. It begins at 4 p.m.
3. The soup was too salty. I had it for lunch.
4. The lady is a famous writer. You met her at the party last night.
5. Mr. Phong hasn’t come yet. He is supposed to be at the meeting.
6. Lan went back home. She forgot to turn off the faucet.
B. Reduce the sentence by using participles or infinitive phrases:
1. The young man who is talking with our teacher is Ba’s brother.
2. She is the only student who is selected after the examination.
3. Do you want to visit the castles which were built in the 14th century?
4. Thompson is the most famous actress who appears on stage here
5. The captain was the last person who left the sinking ship.
6. Students who arrive late will not be permitted to enter the classroom.
7. Be sure to follow the instructions that are given at the top of the page.
8. I come from a city that is located in the southern part of the country.
9. Our solar system is in a galaxy that is called the Milky Way.
C.Rewrite the sentences using Cleft sentences:
1. My grandfather taught me how to collect books. It was my_______
2. I bought the new dictionary from this bookshop. It was the_______
3. They found their dog in the garden. It was their_______
4. The man is learning English. It is _______
5. She presented him a book on his birthday. It was on _______