70 câu giao tiếp (with answer)
1. — Look! How long _____ like this?
— Three weeks! It’s usual here that rain _____ without
stopping these days of the year.
A. has it rained; pours B. has it been raining; pours
C. is it rained; is pouring D. does it rain; pours
2. — Can you give me the right answer?
— Sorry, I _____, would you repeat that question?
A. hadn’t listened B. hadn’t listened C. don’t listen D.
3. — You couldn’t have chosen any gift better for me.
A. Oh, I d choose a better one for you next time
B. You’ve had a gift for music, haven’t you?
C. I m glad that you like it so much
D. Sorry bat don’t blame me, dear
4. — Has Tom finished his homework yet?
— I have no idea, he _____ it this morning.
A. was doing B. did C. had done D. would do
5. — Jill failed in the final examination last term.
A. Really? B. Sorry to hear that. C. What is wrong D. I
can’t believe it.
6. — Jane: Its many years I last saw you, Mary.
— Mary: _____.
— Jane: I wouldn’t have either, if someone had not called
A. you haven’t changed so much, Jane.
B. I recognized you at first sight, Jane.
C. I had thought I would meet you here, Jane
D. I didn’t recognize you at first ,Jane.
7. — Do you mind the window being open?
—____, it’s much too cold.
A. Yes, please B. I m don’t want you to please
C. Yes, I do mind D. I’ m afraid I don’t
8. — Con I help you carry this box into your hotel room,
— No, boy. It is _____ heavy _____.
A. so, thank you B. very, thank you
C. rather, how kind of yon D. too, than all the same.
9. — I’m just phoning to wish you good luck in your exam
A. Thanks. I can’t wart to go
B. Thanks, I can’t believe it’s been five years.
C. Thanks. We’re really happy. Everything went smoothly
D. Thanks. I m a bit worried abort it actually
10. — _____ the new VCD for me, Mum? You promised.
— Oh, dear I forgot.
A .Will you buy B. Did you bay C. Have you bought
D. Would you bay?
11. — Whore is your dictionary?
— What do your dictionary? You’ve got one yourself, haven
— Oh, if I _____ mine, I _____ yours.
A. had got l wouldn’t wait to go B. have got l wouldn’t
C. get l won’t need D. would get l wouldn’t have needed
12. When Tim asked why he had to bed, his mater told him
the saying “the early bird _____ the worm.”
A. caught B. catches C. catch D. all catch
13. — Is there anything I can do for you, sir ?
A. Yes, you are welcome B. Ok, your time C. Not now.
Thanks anyway D. Sure go ahead, please
14. — Why not join us the game?
A. Sure, please do B. No, you do the same C. Oh, that’s
all right D. Ok, coming.
15. — Why are you so late?
— Well, _____, my broke down halfway.
A .I say B. you understand C. I mean D. you see
16. The gas must have been used up _____ the fire went of
A. because B. as C. since D. since
17. — I have a favor to ask you.
A .Go ahead B. It’s a pleasure C. Help yourself D.
18. — I d like to invite you to a party this evening.
— Thank you, but _____ I’ll be free I m not sure at the
A. while B. if C. when D. whether
19. —I enjoyed myself so mach at your birthday party.
A. Oh, that’s kind of you B. Congratulations
C. Oh, I’ m glad to hear that D. It s a pleasure
20. How is everything?
A. Very well, thank you B. Not too bad C. I m all right,
thanks D. Not at all
21. — Hi, Jane! How nice to meet you here in Manhattan!
A. so do I B. Me, too C. Thank you D. the same to
22. — Could you do me a favor and take the box up to the
— _____. No problem at all.
A. With pleasure B. My pleasure C. For pleasure D.
At your pleasure
23. — Let me carry that for you. It looks very heavy.
— _____. I’ m quite out of breath.
A. Thanks B. I m afraid manage C. Yes, of course D.
That’s very kind of you
24. — ______.
— OK. I sometimes have no sense of direction.
A. Let me help you B. Here it is C. This way, please D.
25. — I wonder if you could let me have a look at the photo
of your family .
A. Yes, please B. Sure, you could C. No, go ahead D.
It doesn’t matter.
26. — The weather is too hot_____may this year .
— It was still when I came two years ago.
A. for; cooler B. in; hotter C. for; hotter D. in; cooler
27. No agreement was reached in the discussion as neither
side would give way to _____ .
A. another B. any other C. other D. the other
28. Mr. White woks with a chemical company but he_____
with his sisters, he’ s on leave .
A. has worked B. works C. is working D. worked
29. — I forgot to carry my cell-phone, could I use yours?
A. I wonder how B. I don’t wonder C. Sorry, it’s out of
order D. No, wonder, here it is
30. Let’s go out and have a drink, shall we?
A. Go first, please B. I’ll follow you C. After you, Sir D.
31. — I found my wallet, but now it disappears
A. What a shame! B. You are too careless C. It doesn’t
D. Bad mews for me
32. — Which share is meant for me ?
— You can take _____half they are exactly the same .
A. this B. any C. each D. either
33. — Happy birthday to you, Mary.
A. The same to you B. It’ s very nice of you C. So do
you D. Thank you
34. — John, you’ve never been to the great wall you came to
china, I m afraid .
A. No, I’ve just been there with B. Yes, never. How about
C. No, but how I wish to D. Yes, never. How about
35. — Is she really very ill?
— _____. She’s in hospital.
A. I’m afraid so B. I hope so C. I’m sure D. I don’t
36. — Have a cup of coffee?
— _____, though as a rule I don’t drink after dinner.
A. Don’t you insist B. Once you insist C. What I insist D. If
37. — Do I still have to change my clothes?
A. Let’s discuss that some time B. The party begins at 2
C. Sure, take your tome D. don’t change your mind,
38. — Why did yon come to see the play you didn’t like .
— I shouldn’t like _____, but my friend insisted .l like_____.
A. coming; dancing B. to come; to dance C. having come,
to dance D. to have come, dancing
39. — My car broke down then I was leaving Detroit ant I
had to take the bus.
— _____, we would have picked you up.
A. Had we known B. We had known it C. If we were
known D. If we know
40. It is important that pat_____a business degree for her
A. have B. has C. has had D. had
41. —I’d like to invite yon to dinner this Saturday, Mr. Smith.
A. Oh, no, let’s not B. I’d rather stay at home
C. I’m sorry, but I have other plans. D. Oh, no. That’ll
be too much trouble
42. — I’m awfully sorry I can’t go with you.
—_____? Haven’t you agreed?
A. What is it B. How is it C. Why don’t you D. Why do
43. —I had a really good weekend at my uncle’s.
A. Oh, that’s very nice of you B. Congratulations
C. It’s pleasure D. Oh, I’m glad to hear that
44. — Will you stay for lunch?
— Sorry,_____. My brother is coming to see me.
A. I mustn’t B. I can’t C. I needn’t D. I won’t
45. — Are yon feeling any_____?
— No, in fact my health isn’t so_____as before.
A. well; good B. well; well C. better; well D.
46. His son spent most of his spare time_____the TV set.
A. watching B. seeing C. looking at D. in front of
47. — What about having a drink?
A. Good idea B. Help yourself C. Go ahead, please
D. Me, too
48. — Waiter!
— I can’t eat this It’s too salty.
A. Yes, sir? B. What? C. All right? D. Pardon?
49. — You’ve left the light on.
— Oh, so I have._____And turn it off.
A. I’ll go B. I’ve gone C. I go D. I’m going
50. — Are you coming to Jeff’s party?
— I’m not sure. I_____go to the concert instead.
A. must B. would C. should D. might
51. If you want to change for a double room you’ll have to
A. another B. other C. more D. each.
52. — How are you today?
— Oh, I_____as ill as I do now for a very long time.
A. didn’t feel B. wasn’t feeling C. don’t feel D.
53. —Why don’t we take a little break?
—Didn’t we just have_____?
A. it B. that C. one D. this
54. The reporter said that the UFO_____ east to west when
he saw it.
A. was travelling B. travelled C. had been travelling
D. was to travel
55. — Good morning, Grand Hotel.
— Hello, I’d like to book a room for the nights of the 18 th
and 19 th.
A. What can I do for you? B. Just a minute, please
C. What’s the matter D. At your service
56. The parkers boughts a new house but_____will need a
lot of work before they can move in.
A. they B. it C. one D. which
57. I_____ping-pong quite well, but I haven’t had time to play
since the new year.
A. will play B. have played C. played D. play
58. I was really anxious about you, you_____ home without
A. mustn’t leave B. shouldn’t have left C. could’t have
left D. needn’t leave
59. — When shall we meet again?
— Make it_____ day you like; it’s all the same to me.
A. one B. any C. another D. some
60. — I’ll be away on a business trip. Would you mind
looking after my cat?
— Not at all. _____.
A. I’ve no time B. I’d rather not C. You can leave
D. I’d be happy to
61. — I’m taking my driving test tomorrow?
A. Cheers B. Good luck C. Come on D.
62. — You haven’t said a word about my new coat, Brenda.
Do you like it?
— I’m sorry I_____anything about it sooner. I certainly
think it’s pretty on you.
A. wasn’t saying B. don’t say C. won’t say D. didn’t
63. — Is John coming by train?
— He should, but he_____ not. He likes driving his car.
A. must B. can C. may D. need
64. I wonder why Jenny _____ us recently. We should have
heard from her by now.
A. hasn’t written B. doesn’t write C. won’t write D.
65. — Are you through with your homework?
— No, In fact I_____.
A. have just started B. just started C. am just starting
D. I’ve just been starting
66. —I think you look very nice in this blue jacket.
A. Really B. I’d like to C. I’m glad you think so D.
67. —Would you like to go to the cinema with me?
— _____, but I have no tine.
A. I’d love to B. Of course, I would C. Yes, I’d like
D. Well, I want
68. — Write to me when yon get home.
A. I must B. I should C. I will D. I can
69. I’ve won a holiday for two to Florida. I_____my mum.
A. am taking B. have taken C. take D. will have
70. — Oh, it’s you! I_____.
— I’ve just had my hair cut and I’m wearing new glasses.
A. didn’t recognize B. hadn’t recognized C. haven’t
recognized D. don’t recognize
Possible Answer :
1—5BDCAB 6—10DCDDC 11—15ABCDD 16—
21—25BADCA 26 – 30BDCCB 31—35ADDCA 36—
41—45CBDBC 46—50DAAAD 51—55ADCAB 56—