bai tap tieng anh 11
Unit 9: THE POST OFFICES
1. Pronunciation: /sp/ /st/ /sk/
2. Grammar: Defining relative clauses and non-defining relative clauses
3. Speaking: Talk about the services at the post office
4. Writing: Writing a lettr to express satisfaction or dissatisfaction about a service
I. Vocabulary: Choose the best answer
1. The hotel staff are friendly and_______
a. unhelpful b. courteous c. discourteous d. impolite
2. A person who receives something is called________
a. receive b. receipt c. recipe d. recipient
3. The post office offers the_______ Mail Service which is particularly fast
a. Secure b. Efficient c. Express d. Reliable
4. There was no mention of the incident in the national press
a. television b. newspapers c. Internet d. radio
5. You can choose to send your letters by air or surface mail
a. have b.like c. select d. get
6. Prices are going to ________ in a worry way
a. up b. over c. away d. off
III. Grammar: Choose the best answer
1. The girl _______ photo was in the local paper lives near my house
a. which b.whose c.whom d.whoever
2. It’s the best film________ has ever been made about madness
a. which b.whom c.whose d. when
3.The year ______ we came to live here was 1975
a. when b. where c. that d. which
5. The fans ________ crowded the stadium roared their approval
a. who b. which c. whose d. what
6. I can answer the question ________ you say is very difficult
a. which b. whom c. where d. whose
7. He has just gone to his friend’s house, _________ there is a party today
a. who b. whom c. where d. which
8. Most folk songs are ballads________ have simple words and tell simple stories
a. What b. Whoever c.which d. Whichever
III. Join pair of the sentences, using Preposition+ a relative pronouns
1. Mrs Jason apologized for the mistake. We complained to her
2. Lan’s party is next Sunday evening. We are all invited to it
3. He gave me a lot of advice. Much of them was very useful
4. The girl is John’s sister. I introduced you to her
III. Speaking: Complete the dialogue
Clerk: Good morning. Can I help you?
Customer : Yes , I would like to subcribe to Lao Dong daily newspaper
Clerk : ____________________________________________________
Customer: For a year, please
Customer: At home
Customer: I live at 222 Huynh Thuc Khang street.
Clerk: Ok. The price is VND 200,000. Can you fill in this form, please?
Customer: That’s fine.
UNIT 10: NATURE IN DANGER
a. Fill in the blanks with the appropriate word: survive, endangered, coexist,
1. It is possible for local wildlife to _____ with industry.
2. Many birds didn’t ____ the severe winter.
3. The government should do more to ______ environment.
4. The explosion _____ a flock of birds roosting in the trees.
5. The health of our children are being _____ by exhaust fumes.
b. Choose the best answer:
1. The society was set up to _____ endangered species from extinction.
a. prevent b. distinguish c. preserve d. survive
2. Oil spills are having a devastating effect on coral reefs in the ocean.
a. powerful b. significant c. disastrous d. detectable
3. The Earth will be a planet where human beings, animals and plants live in peaceful _____.
a. cooperation b. coordination c. corporation d. coexistence
4. Some people have a more ______ attitude towards animals than they do towards children.
a. human b. humane c. humanized d. humanistic
5. We continue to ______rainforests and increase the dangers of global warming.
a. cut off b. cut in c. cut out d. cut down
6. It is forbidden to hunt for that kind of bird. It has been listed as one of the _____ species.
a. dangers b. danger c. dangerous d. endangered
7. The war brought death and ______ to the city.
a. destruction b. destruct c. destroyed d. destroy
8. Are there any ______ rivers left in the world?
a. pollutions b. unpolluted c. pollutant d. polluted
9. The mystery of her _____ was never solved.
a. disappearance b. appearance c. appearing d. appearances
10. My friend is a keen amateur ______.
a. natured b. natures c. natural d. naturalist
B. SPEAKING, LISTENING & WRITING: hs xem them trong vở ghi bài và sách gkhoa
Match the reasons in column A with the measures in column B:
Reasons (A) Measures (B)
1. Killing endangered animals for fur, skin and
Animals should not be hunted or captured for
recreation or entertainment.
2. Keeping animals as pets Planting trees should be encouraged
3. Hunting or capturing animals for recreation
All kinds of plants should be protected.
4. Burning forest Keeping animals as pets should be
5. Cutting down trees for wood Using fertilizers and pesticides for cultivation
should be prohibited.
6. Using fertilizers and pesticides for
Decreasing the use of fertilizers and pesticides
for farming should be encouraged.
7. Discharging chemical pollutants into the
Killing endangered animals for fur, skin and
food should be banned.
C. LANGUAGE FOCUS:
1. Pronunciation: /sl/, /sm/, /sn/, /sw/
2. Grammar: Relative pronouns with preposition:
a. Theory: ( đại từ quan hệ đi với giới từ)
• Example: The man was killed. You told me about him. The man about whom you
told me was killed yesterday.
• Form: N + preposition + whom/ which + S + V + V
• Note: Khi đưa đại từ quan hệ lên trước phải kéo theo cả giới từ
• Combine the following pairs of sentences by means of relative pronouns,
making any changes if necessary:
1. Her father died last year. She looked after him for over 20 years.
2. The bed has no mattress. I sleep on this bed.
3. I was sitting on a chair. It suddenly collapsed.
4. There wasn’t any directory in the telephone box. I was phoning from this box.
5. Her many friends have her encouragement. I like to be considered among them.
• Choose the one that need repairing:
1. The radio program to whom I listened last night was so interesting.
A B C D
2. Nancy’s mother , to who I talked in the party, has a big restaurant.
A B C D
3. Visitors were not permitted entering the park because of the lack of security.
A B C D
4. The manager about which Mary told was wealthy.
A B C D
UNIT 11: SOURCES OF ENERGY
• Writing: Describe the chart.
• Grammar: relative clause replaced by participles and to infinitives.
1. The man speaking to John is my brother. (………………………………….)
2. They live in a house built in 1890. (…………………………………………)
3. Yuri Gagarin was the last man to fly into space. (………………………)
1/ Vocabulary and Grammar:
1. at present , most of our energy comes from fossil fuels.
a. recently b. now c. that d. in fact
2. however, such reserves are strictly limited
a. slightly b. slowly c. severely d. easily
3. because power demand is increasing very rapidly, fossil fuels will be exhausted within a
a. enabled b. tired c. bushed d. emptied
4. therefore, people must develop and use alternative sources of energy
a. hold up b. build up c. grow up d. stand up
5. however, it is only possible in few places in the world.
a. potential b. available c. skillful d. able
6. It’s known that a …….. is a person or group competing in a final.
a. final b. finally c. finalize d. finalist
7. Do you know the girl ……… a long white dress?
a. wears b. to wear c. wear d. wearing
8. The house ………… 40 years ago is still in good condition.
a. which built b. to build c. built d. building
9. I like the food ……….by my mother.
a. was cooked b. cooked c. which cooked d. cooking
10. The man ……….. at the back board is our teacher.
a. stood b. stands c. standing d. to stand
11. Armstrong was the first astronaut ………….. onto the moon
a. to step b. stepping c. stepped d. steps
12. The car ………… toward us looks modern.
a. comes b. coming c. came d. to come
13. The bank manager was the second person ………….. by the robbers
a. to be killed b. who killed c. killing d. kills
14. The trees …………. Our village are bamboo ones
a. to surround b. surrounding c. surrounded d. surround
15. I’m the last one ……….. of the news
a. Informing b. to inform c. to be informed d. inform
16. Tom was the last ………… the classroom yesterday.
a. to leave b. leaving c. left d. leaves
17. The man ………… the bank is a millionaire
a.is entering b. entering c. to be entered d. enters
2/ Speaking: Arrange the following sentences into conservation plentiful
a. Why do you think so?
b. Because it’s plentiful and infinite.
c. I think solar energy can be unlimited alternative source of energy.
d.I know it’s also clean and safe, but it’s possible only during sunny days.
Unit 12: THE ASIAN GAMES
1. Pronunciation /str/ /skr/ /skw/
2. Grammar: Relatives clauses and omission of relative pronouns
3. Speaking: Talk about The Asian Games
4 Writing: Write a paragraph of 120 words to describe the preparations for the Aisan Games
I. Fill in the missing words
II. Vocabulary: Choose the best answer
1. The Vietnamese participants always take part ________ sport events with great enthusiasm
a. in b. on c. at d. to
2. The Asian Games _________ every four years
a. take place b. took place c. takes place d. taken place
3. Football fans gathered around the TV in the corner of the club to see the final
a. assembled b. collected c. warned d. reached
4. The World Cup is a football_________ which is open to all countries
a. participation b. involvement c. occasion d. competition
5. Scuba-diving and windsurfing arte both aquatic sports
a. field b. water c. combat d. individual
III. Grammar: Tick the sentences in which the relative pronouns can be omitted
1. We talked about the party which Sarah wants to organize for my birthday
2. Who was that boy who you were with this morning
3. The fish which we had for dinner was really delicious.
4. The church our class visited is 200 years old
5. I don’t like the tie that John is wearing
6. Don is a friend who we stayed with in Australia
7. The couple who live next to us have six grandchildren
8. Mrs. Brown, who you met at the meeting yesterday, works in television
9. He received a low mark for his essay, which was only one long page
10. In the shop window there’s a sign that says “ Ten per cent off ”
IV. Grammar: Choose the best answer
1. Bill Gate, _______ is the president of Microsoft Company, is a billionaire
a. who b. whom c. whose d. that
2. Experts ________ feel that they are related to the deep wishes and fears of the dreamer
a. study dreams b. who dream study
c. whose dream study d. who study dreams
3. The severe drought ________ occurred lat summer ruined the corn crop
a. that is b. which is c. it d. that
4. Florida, ______ the Sunshine State, attracts many tourists every year
a. is b. known as c. is known as d. that is known as
5. Laura’s marriage has been arranged by her family. She’s marrying a man ______
a. that she hardly knows him b. who she hardly knows him
c. she hardly knows d. she hardly knows him
V. Speaking: Compete the dialogue
B: The second Asian Games were held in the Philippines in 1954
B: 18 countries took part in the Games
B: There were six sports at the Games
UNIT 13: HOBBIES
a. Fill in the blanks with the appropriate word: accomplishments, indulgence,
occupied, discarded, profitably
1. We need something to keep the children _____ in their summer holiday.
2. You could spend your time more _____ with a good book.
3. The room was littered with ______ newspaper.
4. Drawing and singing were among her many ______.
5. My doctor advised me to avoid excessive ______ in sweets and canned drinks.
b. Choose the antonym of the underlined word:
1. There are number of things I like to do in my free time.
a. pleasure b. precious c. busy d. idle
2. My uncle, who is an accomplished guitarist, taught me how to play.
a. unimpaired b. unskilled c. ill-educated d. unqualified
3. Now I can play a few simple tune.
a. compound b. plain c. easy d. complicated
4. He advised me to practise playing the guitar regularly.
a. unusually b. commonly c. freely d. completely
5. I have a modest little glass fish tank where I keep a variety of small fish.