SỞ GD & ĐT BẮC GIANG
ĐỀ KIỂM TRA LẦN 1
TRƯỜNG TH, THCS, THPT
MÔN TIẾNG ANH
NGUYỄN BỈNH KHIÊM
LỚP 11(Kiểm tra lại)
Full name:…………………………………..Class: 11A6:
I- Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the rest. (1p)
1. A. visited
C. handicapped D. wanted
2. A. each
3. A. husband
4. A. figure
II- Choose the best answer A, B, C or D. (3ps)
1. I thought I would get to the destination first, but he ……….before me.
A. was arriving
C. had arrived D. arrived
2. …………….all the rules, we started to play the game.
A. Having learnt
B. To have learnt
C. To learn
3. All of my students looked forward to ………… the result of the singing contest.
A. hearB. hearing
C. to be heard D. being hearing
4. They volunteer to work in remote or_______areas to provide education for children.
5. A ................... is a person that officially decides who is the winner of a competition.
A. participant B. sponsor
6. The villagers are in danger .…………..being killed by an earthquake.
7. People call the 25th wedding anniversary the “………………anniversary.”
8. If it ....................., there will be a shortage of water.
A. not rain
C. can rain
D. doesn't rain
9. It is not easy to …………… our bad habits.
C. take care
10. If the ball …………….the line, that would have been the end of the game.
A. would cross
B. will cross C. had crossed
11. These volunteers have taken part…………this kind of campaign many times.
12. They …. on the street when it rained.
A. was walking
D. were walking
III- Read the passage below and answer the questions. (2ps)
Christmas is an important festival in many countries around the world. One Christmas
Eve in the early 1500s, some people decorated a tree and put it in the market place in the
Latvian city of Riga. This custom spread throughout Europe, and finally to America in the
1800s. In the mid-nineteenth century, an Englishman wanted to send Christmas greetings to
his friends, so he had someone design a card. Forty years later, cards were a part of the
Christmas tradition. Eight hundred years ago, Christmas songs were performed for people in
towns and villages. These songs were stories put to music and most people enjoyed them.
The leaders of the Church, however, did not. They said the songs were unsuitable. but about
180 years ago, the songs became popular again
1. Why did an Englishman have someone design the card?
2. Where were Christmas songs performed for people 800 years ago?
3. When did the songs become popular again?
4. Is Christmas an important festival in many countries in the world?
IV- Put the correct verbs in brackets. (2ps)
1. Jane was expected (pass) the exam.
2. John really loves (spend) all day at the beach.
3. Tom insisted on (call) Tomy.
4. I (play) soccer at 5 p.m yesterday.
V . Choose the underlined word or phrase that needs correcting. (2ps)
1. I’m delighted hearing that you have made much progress in your study.
2. John’s friends had celebrated a farewell party for him last Sunday
3. I'm sure he is capable in running a mile in four minutes.
4. When I was a child, my father was teaching me how to play soccer.
The end and good luck!