UỶ BAN NHÂN DÂN QUẬN 10
PHÒNG GIÁO DỤC VÀ ĐÀO TẠO
KIỂM TRA HỌC KỲ II
MÔN TIẾNG ANH 7 – NĂM HỌC 2015 – 2016
Thời gian: 60 phút (không kể thời gian phát đề)
Mã đề thi
Họ và tên: ..................................................
Trường: THCS TRẦN PHÚ
Athi: .......................Lớp: 7 /………..
Ngày thi: ....................................................
I. Listening. Listen and choose whether the statements are True or False. (1 pt)
1. We call the cold “common” because everybody catches it every year.
2. There is no cure for the common cold.
3. The symptoms of the common cold are: a runny nose, a high fever, coughing and sneezing.
4. We only prevent a cold by eating well.
Answers: 01. ____________ 02. ____________ 03. ____________ 04. ____________
II. Choose the word or phrase (A, B, C, or D) that best fits the space in each sentence. (3.5 pts)
5. She bought the _____ to make the dress for me.
6. Last week, the dentist filled _____ in his tooth.
A. a cavity
B. a hole
C. an area
D. an edge
7. Lan: How far is it from here to Ben Thanh Market? – Hoa: Have a _____.
8. She is a _____ reader. She reads very _____.
A. fast – fastly
B. fast – fast
C. fast – good
D. fastly – fast
9. Don’t forget about exercise, _____!
10. Wait here, please. The doctor will ______ you in a few minutes.
A. hear B. look
11. We stop at a restaurant _____ a short time.
12. Her little daughter _____ a few letters two weeks ago.
B. is writing
C. will write
13. Dean: Would you like to go swimming now? – Sandy: _____.
A. It’s very hot now
B. That sounds good
C. I don’t think so
D. The same to me
14. Andy: What’s the matter, Sue? – Sue: _____.
A. I have a toothache
B. It’s very hot
C. You’re welcome
D. You are very kind
Choose the word having different sound from the rest.
15. A. complete
16. A. soy sauce
Choose the underlined word or phrase that needs correcting.
17. I will give you some medicine to make you to feel better.
18. I have a appointment this morning with dentist, but I’m scared.
Answers 05. _____ 06. _____ 07. _____ 08. _____ 09. _____ 10. _____ 11. _____
12. _____ 13. _____ 14. _____ 15. _____ 16. _____ 17. _____ 18. _____
III. Match the question in column A with the answer in column B. (1 pt)
19. Could you show me how to get there?
A. Fine, thanks. And you?
20. How was your vacation?
B. Opposite the post office.
21. Where is the souvenir shop?
22. How do you feel now?
D. Take the second street on the left.
E. A little tired
Answers: 19. ______
IV. Reading. (1 pt)
People of all ages obviously need to be healthy. Therefore it is necessary to have a good diet. A
good diet keeps us fit and at the right weight. More often than not, it is better to eat fish and seafood
than to eat meat. Also, vegetables and fruits certain amounts are particularly for the body.
Importantly, it is necessary that people, young or old, should never skip their breakfast. A good
breakfast provides energy for the whole morning until lunchtime. In fact, our stomach is almost
empty after a long night sleep. In contrast, we should not eat too much for dinner. A full stomach
may cause sleeping difficulties. It is easy to get fat very soon after several big dinners. Russian
proverb runs, “Eat breakfast yourself, share lunch with a friend, give dinner to your enemy.”
A. Decide if the statements are True or False.
23. To be at the right weight helps us to stay healthy.
24. Only vegetables and fruits should be on the menu of a good diet.
B. Choose the best answer (A, B, C, or D).
25. Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the passage?
A. It is healthy to keep a good diet.
B. A big dinner can make us difficult to sleep.
C. People who are young or old shouldn’t skip their breakfast.
D. It’s easy to get fat when we have a big dinner with too much meat and seafood.
26. The Russian proverb advise us ______.
A. to have good breakfast
B. not to eat lunch
C. to have dinner with our friends
D. not to drink juices when we eat breakfast
Answers: 23. ______
V. Choose the best word (A, B, C, or D) that best fits the blank space the passage. (1 pt)
Football is a very old game. It is played all over the world today. In Vietnam we have an (27)
____ football competition. Every year the football teams from all the provinces against each (28)
____ . Football players in Vietnam sometimes go to foreign countries and (29) ____ against their
teams. Schools have their football teams, (30) ____. Every year, their football teams also have a
27. A. annual B. every
28. A. one B. another C. other
D. the other
29. A. study B. play
30. A. also B. either
Answers: 27. ______
VI. Supply the correct form of the word. (0.5 pt)
31. She thought sewing was useful so she __________________ to learn how to sew. (decision)
32. He is the best worker in his company. He works very _________________________. (skill)
Answers: 31. _________________________
A. Rearrange the words given to make complete sentences. (1 pt)
33. down / set / then / sat / the table / They / they / to eat /.
34. should / because / can / Children / addictive / video games / be / careful / be /.
B. Rewrite the sentences without changing the meaning. (1 pt)
35. Most of the children like watching TV better than playing sports.
36. How high is your school?
Most of the children prefer _________________________________________